ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

turbo'd speakers

Civic type S GT-T
Hi
Ive got a Vibe bb1 amp connected to a set of Infinity 6x9s, and if i try running them as full range, when the engine is on, it whistles, and gets louder whenever the engine increases in RPM. If the engine is off there fine.
The amp is running from a 'high level' input, taken from the two rear speakers, as i still have the original Renault CD HU.
Someone said it could be to do with the power cable being next to a speaker cable on one side, and the remote next to the other, on the other side.
Others say it needs supressing?
Any help from someone who may know whats wrong would be much appreciated.
Cheers

move powercables away from speakercables first rule number 1 never put them near speaker cables EVER

then if still there fit a supressor

earth it is, my bet is it's not on a clean bit of bare metal attached to the cars chassis/shell like many people make the mistake of doing

suppressors do not cure the problem, they only mask it, not worth it IMO

K20 EG Hatch
i got a 200 quid wiring kit and have had no problems with it an all the wires are together! (touch wood)

Atlantis Blue 1.2 Corsa B
i got the autoleads wiring kit, and ran the power cable down the left and the rca and everythig else down right, and hid it all undr renos fantastic plastic ;)

pah, remove the interior, run cables like this to do it properly

passenger side (under seat) - power & remote
drivers side (under seat) - RCA's
centre console (straight down the middle) - speaker cables

when they get to the boot, run them over wooden batons so that the cables never come in contact ;)

but as i said above, it doesn't really matter too much anymore, quality of cabling is better now

K20 EG Hatch
Q!

Bryan said:
pah, remove the interior, run cables like this to do it properly

passenger side (under seat) - power & remote
drivers side (under seat) - RCA's
centre console (straight down the middle) - speaker cables

when they get to the boot, run them over wooden batons so that the cables never come in contact ;)

but as i said above, it doesn't really matter too much anymore, quality of cabling is better now
i may actually do all of this in the summer! but like i said, i have had no problems at all