ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

turbo'ing the 182 what bits needed

hey all , i have just bought a garrett gt28 turbo , manifold , and k tec downpipe for my clio , i am only going to be running this at low boost so wont be needing ecu and forged internals for the mean time , what other bits do i need ?? these are the bits i think i need

Intercooler & Pipework (gonna drop the bumper bar down to forge so they can make me an intercooler up and get all the bends etc from forge as they are around the corner from me)

Turbo Oil Feed and Drain

Uprated Fuel Injectors (megane 225 injectors)

heat shield for around the turbo

Uprated Spark Plugs

oil catch tank and oil cooler already got both of those

Air Filter

Turbo Map Sensor (presume a renault espace turbo 225 megane one will fit)

ECU Map (rs tuning once the kit is on the car)

what other bits do i need ?? thanks , where is the best place to get the oil feed pipes and drain pipes without paying silly money ?? also what spark plugs will i need , any decent places to get these bits from , i am going to source the injectors and map sensor second hand , to keep the price down as map sensors can be had from a local breakers yard for around a few quid , not the £140 that renault want , got my clio one of a laguna down my local breakers yard for £1.50

Last edited:
  Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
Meg r26r plugs in mine
Running standard map sensor as they have scope upto 1 bar you will be running half that.
Andyrg had some megane injectors unsure if there sold or not,
Are you planning on monitoring oil temp? If so tap the sump for a temp sensor while it's off being tapped for your oil drain, I wish I had done this!

yeah will run a oil temp sensor , the injectors andyrg were selling sold to johny above i think , will throw some r26r plugs in there then , is that all the bits i need that are listed above ,

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
yeah will run a oil temp sensor , the injectors andyrg were selling sold to johny above i think , will throw some r26r plugs in there then , is that all the bits i need that are listed above ,

Yes you have all the bits listed there, is your exhaust 2.5"? Inlet ported? It all helps when it's time for mapping, might want to sort a pretty good caf too as it gets very hot under the bonnet.

Golf GTD Mk7
its defo not worth 1200 at this level

tell me about it. Not sure where CNC have got that figure. I'm sure you can get a head done for about £600+VAT. heads are only 100-150 quid. It would make a difference though mate. They've seen some good results on gas flow and RR iirc. You know you want to ;)