ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TV for hooking up to a PC

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Hey guys,

I've just bought a new computer (nothing fancy, i3 550, 460GTX and SSD being the highlights) and want to get a monitor for it, but whilst I'm at it I figured I could just get a TV that has DVI input.

Are there any downsides to this? Monitors are generally more expensive than TVs I thought but these days the resolutions seem to be the same (1920x1080 being the common one).

I'm only after 22-24" tbh any bigger and I'd want more dots.

Any recommendations ?? (Want to order tonight)

Listerine & Poledo
monitors CAN handle higher resolution, but you may not want to.

If you've got an HDMI out, may as well use that

Regardless of resolution, I think you'll find that a TV is not as good as a bespoke monitor. They simply aren't designed for crisp text 18" away from your face.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Regardless of resolution, I think you'll find that a TV is not as good as a bespoke monitor. They simply aren't designed for crisp text 18" away from your face.

That's the fact I was trying to hide from tbh.

I ended up buying a 32" Samsung TV for the wall (and linking to the Macbook for movies etc) and an Iiyama 22" monitor. Should do the trick.

Get a puter with a HDMI and will go into any HD TV.

Godsaver for repeats for the F1 so far as i fail to wake up that early on a Sunday :)

Have a look at the samsung t240/t260 hd models. (1920x1080) resolution with built in freeview tuner, 24"/26" respectively.

Had my t260hd for about 2 years, excellent model for both pc use and tv.

Mito Sportiva 135
I've got my 32" Samsung hooked up to my Dell media PC and it looks crisp, connected via HDMI though which not all PCs have still.

For streaming videos on it looks stunning - especially certain "adult" sites :)

Golf GTI PP Mk7
im on a 32" samsung too, via hdmi. It took a while to get set up, but now its as crisp as any normal monitor. Browsing the net 32" wide just cant be beaten either, especially ones late night browsing sessions ;)

Definitely retiring my 42" Panasonic to PC duties when I replace it in a few weeks. Crysis in 42", 18" away from my heeed. JFC.

Mito Sportiva 135
HAhaha....does your PC have HDMI connection Roy or what? Would be great to see what it looked like!

Think my current GFX (GTX295) only has DVI but thats cool as my TV has DVI anyway IIRC. Plus I'll be building a new rig anyway so not a problem. I'll see what it looks like. The sense of immersion will be incredible, but I'm not sure 1920x1080 at that size, so close up, will cut the mustard. Worth a shot though.