ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Twingo RS133

BMW
The 17 inch wheels make the car to be honest. I love mine there great fun to drive but i want a 197 f1 when i can afford one!

i test drove one of those before i brought my 133. and i could afford the car.. but not the £4k insurance quote i got for it:( lol i was gutted!!

Skoda fabia Vrs
i test drove one of those before i brought my 133. and i could afford the car.. but not the £4k insurance quote i got for it:( lol i was gutted!!

£1461 for me this year for 1 and my twingo is £666 on the 11/11/10:cool: At 20 that's good i reckon

Danny172 i have owned mine a year mate and not kidding they are **** on fuel. Even driving slow.

BMW
£1461 for me this year for 1 and my twingo is £666 on the 11/11/10:cool: At 20 that's good i reckon

Danny172 i have owned mine a year mate and not kidding they are **** on fuel. Even driving slow.

that is very good!!

i was 18 at the time when i tried to get it.
im now 19 ( i got the 133 when i was 18) and i now have 2 years driving experience.. no years no claims :( no points and im paying £1300 insurance

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

Im suprised at that :eek: i know they are VVT engines but even so...! My 106 GTi was worse for fuel than my 172 and 182! That was shocking for fuel!

Thats a good price for insurance mate! Ive yet to see one upclose yet, maybe get a wee look at the next meet!

Skoda fabia Vrs
I will stick with the twingo until its 3 year old so another 2 years yet and see what i want to do, Might avoid a 200 as the looks are not to my taste and a 197 maybe a bit old by then.. Liquid yellow, racing blue or maybe nimbus where it's at:cool:

BMW
liquid yellow!!! nom nom nomnom! wish they did the 133 in LY with black wheels/fog surrounds/wing mirrors/spoiler....

BMW
yer ive seen them.. they are stunning.. but you know what i mean haha i.e. do it so we can spec it that way when buying

Skoda fabia Vrs
They dont have the equipment in the factory that they are built in to do it. Think they are made in turkey lol. Clio in France and Megane in Spain.

BMW
its a shame really but there ya go! all 133s are pretty rare. im the only person around my way apart from one other i saw recently with a 133

Skoda fabia Vrs
Same. In a year only ever seen 1 on the road. Its great going places and people take notice of a small renault hatch.

BMW
Totally agree!

The looks people give the car... i.e. what is that?, not seen that before? etc.. you know what i mean!

BMW
Totally agree!

The looks people give the car... i.e. what is that?, not seen that before? etc.. you know what i mean!

Skoda fabia Vrs
Yip totally with you mate. Is it you thats selling that spare alloy mate? You didnt get back to me on a price...Could be doing with a spare:)

We have totally hi-jacked this thread lol

BMW
yes thats me.. its still here, sat in my room haha! i swear i did get back to you with a price!!!??? im thinking about £80 for it as the damage isnt very bad and ive had a quote for £60 to get it fully repaired and back to brand new.

and yes we have haha!

Skoda fabia Vrs
Maybe you did on twingooc but i never really use that as its really quiet all the time!! Ok i will have a think about it and deffo get back to you mate. I have a cracker of kerb damage on mine (step dad) so would be swapping the tyre off mine and leaving my 1 as a spare!

BMW
Yer i think i replied on there... it is very quiet .
ok mate, no rush just let me know. i have lots of 133 bits sat in my room if u want anythign haha

- old spoiler
- old gear knob
- rear seats
- alloy

really need to have a sort out!

What are the engines like in these? (Apart from being crap on fuel)
Anyone gone from a 1*2 to one? Are they really noticeably slower?
I've also heard JMS will modify their inlet manifold for the k4m... anyone know how much truth is in that?

LY 182
Feckin love em tbh. So cool. I see one with the same specs as posted by OP quite a bit in the mornings now. I want one, but would probably seem like a step down power wise.

I've also heard JMS will modify their inlet manifold for the k4m... anyone know how much truth is in that?

Yeh Nick who owns this has a trophy as well, and he's said it's very slow in comparison.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4

I've owned both, miles apart. The twingo is a great fun little car, it is nippy though, not fast.

Skoda fabia Vrs
I've owned both, miles apart. The twingo is a great fun little car, it is nippy though, not fast.

I agree to disagree mate. Not miles apart just Renault couldn't obviously make the twingo any faster as the Clio wouldn't then be fast enough to justify the price tag. I had a good long play with someone in a rb 182 and he only got away in 4th when my twingo ran out of go.
2nd and 3rd gear are definitely the twingo's main gears. 4th gear low down pulling through the revs is a good gear even though lower down the box it feels gutless until 5k:S

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
I agree to disagree mate. Not miles apart just Renault couldn't obviously make the twingo any faster as the Clio wouldn't then be fast enough to justify the price tag. I had a good long play with someone in a rb 182 and he only got away in 4th when my twingo ran out of go.
2nd and 3rd gear are definitely the twingo's main gears. 4th gear low down pulling through the revs is a good gear even though lower down the box it feels gutless until 5k:S

I'm sorry mate, I love the Twingo don't get me wrong, but there is no way you were level through 2nd and 3rd gear.

Skoda fabia Vrs
Sorry mate never meant i was level pegging with it (Side by side). Just couldn't get away until 4th gear.

Anyway great cars enough said from me:)

Skoda fabia Vrs
Sorry mate never meant i was level pegging with it (Side by side). Just couldn't get away until 4th gear.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

I'm sorry but that's b****cks. I have a 133 and a 182 and the 182's is faster. Everywhere. The end.

The 133 is gutless below 4k, so the Clio walks it.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Brothers got a 172 and a 133. The 172 is quicker everywhere. If a 182 struggled, it's poorly.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4

No offence meant mate, but have you ever driven anything quicker than the 133?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I want someone to take pics of it on three wheels. It's the only car I've ever driven that does it so easily... it's ridiculous!

20mph mini roundabout: Tripod.