ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Twitch, and the like...

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Is it just me... but I totally don't get this phenonomen? I mean you're watching other people play computer games? Is that right? What's the point? Why not play them yourself?

I guess it's for the 'kids' :confounded: is there more to it I'm missing? Does anyone here enjoy this pointless past time? I want to understand.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Is it just me... but I totally don't get this phenonomen? I mean you're watching other people play computer games? Is that right? What's the point? Why not play them yourself?

I guess it's for the 'kids' :confounded: is there more to it I'm missing? Does anyone here enjoy this pointless past time? I want to understand.
Sometimes I want to watch other people the game, especially if they're better than I am (not difficult)

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah never got that either really, only time I watch other people playing a game is if I'm thinking about buying that game. I just use youtube though.

RB Clio 182
My lad is a freak and watches youtube vids etc of people playing games who are American and have really annoying f**king voices which are over excited idiots!

DCi
Apparently you can watch people play project cars

My inner 12 year old is telling me to find one online and crash him

image.jpeg

Impreza RB5 #054
I was quite heavily into F1 games and use to watch videos to find out braking points and setups but I've no interest in watching someone play a game for no reason.
A friend of mine does though and he says a lot of the players with big views make quite a bit of money through donations.

F82 M4

A lad I know streams for a living now. Does pretty well for himself, currently drives a new BMW and lives in a 5 bed house. He's not got a bad life from it! I can't remember what he did for a living before but I'm pretty sure it paid well. Either way he quit his job and has never looked back!

https://twitter.com/onscreenlol?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

I enjoy watching vids of people playing on YouTube. Mainly because I haven't got a console or gaming pc or the time to play myself.

I do know what you mean about the over excitable ones though. But to be fair that's probably why they're doing it and not us. Having some unexcitable monotone individual probably wouldn't catch on lol.

DCi
I enjoy watching vids of people playing on YouTube. Mainly because I haven't got a console or gaming pc or the time to play myself.

I do know what you mean about the over excitable ones though. But to be fair that's probably why they're doing it and not us. Having some unexcitable monotone individual probably wouldn't catch on lol.
I'm going to be the Karl Pilkington of gaming TV

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Think they're more relevant to some games than others. I've no interest in watching a racing or football game (even though I enjoy playing them), but I've watched people who are amazing at things like Dark Souls/Bloodborne etc to see awesome PvP builds.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
My brother's girlfriend's daughter is obsessed with some s**t to do with Minecraft and a r****d talking over it the whole time. Then again I don't get Minecraft either either... tried it once, so boring (yes I'm sure it's great when you're into it, but meh, I'm way too much of a casual gamer these days)

Goliath I
I usually watch twitch just to see actual gameplay of a game I may want to buy.

But my son watches it YouTubers of Minecraft etc... all the time. I suppose it would be like us older peeps 15 years ago watching someone play Goldeneye or something...

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
But I'd rather actually play GoldenEye lol.

I guess I have looked at YouTube footage before, like you say, before you buy... but only for a maximum of about 5 minutes.

Maybe it's the gaming version of Gogglebox!?

F82 M4
There's annoying as hell people on it though

f**king hilarious people trolling her. However, she's the one laughing making all the money lol

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I usually watch twitch just to see actual gameplay of a game I may want to buy.

This really. There are games which take my interest and seeing them played by other people shows whether it's worth me buying it myself. The other thing is when I want to see a game, but not £49.99 kind of want.

That said I only watch videos on youtube, not twitch.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member

f**king hilarious people trolling her. However, she's the one laughing making all the money lol

YOU LOOK LIKE A GYPSY YOU LOOK LIKE A GYPSY YOU LOOK LIKE A GYPSY YOU LOOK LIKE A GYPSY YOU LOOK LIKE A GYPSY

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
Friend of mine streams every day on league of legends, this is how he earns his income. He earns a very good amount of money to say the least and usually has around 20k people watching him play!, once one person donated £1200 to him!

He is certainly very "out there" personality wise, but that's what makes him entertaining. He had hordes of people queuing to meet him at the league of legends championship thing recently.

Last edited:
  Listerine & Poledo
Toboscsus
Kottabos Gaming
TuphSteel
Elpressador

Yep, I watch people play games. Either for personality / theme (Toboscus & Elpresador) or for what they're playing if I can't have it (Kottabos & Tuphsteel)

DCi
I don't think I could do this - the missus would piss herself laughing at me talking to no one.

I was almost tempted to watch a bit of Fallout 4 last night but thought it will just mean spoilers so I didn't bother

banther

ClioSport Club Member
I used to like watching FrankieonPCin1080p just because a) he played games I don't have the time to & b) good level of humour. Saying that e only does like 1 video a month now so I'm not exactly 'into it' but get why people are.

PewDiePie can go f**k himself.

Clio
You can get paid for playing video games?
Can someone tell me how I get started. If I get made redundant I'm all for it or have you got to be good at them?

Clio
Bit of a silly question but how does it work?

Do people watch them play live or do they upload videos?
How do they film the gameplay?
If they are filming the game play how do they film themselves?
Is a grown man having lots of young children watch him over webcam a bit risky?

Listerine & Poledo
Bit of a silly question but how does it work?

Do people watch them play live or do they upload videos? - Both, depending. Either live via Twitch, or recorded via YouTube
How do they film the gameplay? - Depends on set-up, many will have pricey PVR systems, but PS4 users can directly upload from the console
If they are filming the game play how do they film themselves? - These people are using PVRs and doing post-edit to include their heads in the video
Is a grown man having lots of young children watch him over webcam a bit risky? - How the worm has turned

Clio
Cheers, one thing I forgot.
Are all these people who do it single?

I can't fathom how you would explain to your Mrs that you have a job, its called playing xbox and talking s**t to yourself all day.

It's quite normal actually. I tend to watch from the LoL/Hearthstone scene, and they also tend to steer off into other games.

So MasSan / Forsen etc.

Forsen is just insane - he has a usual 25k viewers, and he has donations messages (min $3), read out on screen, he must get at least 1 a minute, and he also a thing popup when he gets people subscribing to his channel (for 30 days for $4.99), again, a s**t ton. He must make a fortune.

F82 M4
Cheers, one thing I forgot.
Are all these people who do it single?

I can't fathom how you would explain to your Mrs that you have a job, its called playing xbox and talking s**t to yourself all day.

Happily married man. And makes absolutely thousands of dollars a week streaming games.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E

I watched that entire stream, I dont know why but I just couldnt stop it was f**king hilarious 😂