ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Two hours in crawling traffic not good!!!!

After an accident on the M1 today, I was crawling along for two hours, in that my exhaust developed another hole in the backbox and my crappy K&N melted by the throttle bodies and fell off!!! Wonderful!!

GR7

Shiny red R32

Good job you werent on the M6 today, as a lorry crossed over the central reservation and collided with several cars travelling in the opposite direction, killing four people. Apparently hundreds of cars were almost at a standstill for at least six hours.

Personally I hate lorries and the way some are driven and I think they should have their own roads well away from cars!

GR7

Shiny red R32

Monk, also have you noticed how CLOSE lorries drive in behind each other, I think it is called TAILGATING and I have seen some horrendous accidents caused by these dreadful drivers and their vehicles.

They seem to have forgotten that lorries need a huge number of metres in front of them if they have to stop.

I think they tailgate to try and save on some fuel. Those things need alot of juice to push them through the air - if they sit right behind another then they dont have to push through the air as the one in front does it for them, less power needed = more saved fuel.
Dont make it right though

GR7

Shiny red R32

Another annoying thing about them is when one lorry is overtaking another lorry and it is travelling at one mph faster and it takes forever!

There were two lorries involved in the crash on the M1, it is because they just sit their looking at p**n all day and they have not go their eyes on the road or there hand on the correct gear stick!!!!!!!!!!!

Skoda Fabia vRS

i almost crashed while readin p**n once

i now no longer do anythin while drivin apart from drive, i know i shouldnt have been in the first place like, but it shocked some sense into me

Skoda Fabia vRS

how did you know ur filter had fell off mate ?

car suddenly get louder, or did ya see it in ur rear view mirror lol

I just dont commute to work in my car - simple as that really. I know you cant predict a motorway smash-up, but you can predict a snails pace on the Kings Road!

Skoda Fabia vRS

well id just bought the new issue of Club from the garage, i couldnt help but look !

I only realised my filter had fallen off as I pulled onto a services to find out where my exhaust was blowing from so I popped my bonnet and there was my air filter balanced in the bay, all parts still there just with a great big tear around the top where it was connected!!! Think that is what bodged my exhaust up as there was some heat coming off the engine and without a filter must have done some damage hopefully not to any enfine internals with a bit of luck!!!