ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Two Supercharged Clios - My best rig shot to date!

Pretty damn chuffed with these, particularly the first. Thanks to Bomber and Paul for lending their cars and helping out. :)

DSC4862.jpg

DSC4848_3.jpg

More info and 'behind the scenes' photos on my blog: http://www.danfreemanphotography.com/2011/04/two-supercharged-clios/

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Awesome shots there, no vids? ;) what's the specs of the RB and who does it belong too?

They look bloody brilliant mate, superb.

How close in the second pic? Or just some camera trickery?

That was my first attempt, so I was on a bit of a learning curve. But yes....trickery was involved ;)

Awesome shots there, no vids? ;) what's the specs of the RB and who does it belong too?

I'm a photographer ;)

His name is Paul, first time I've met him. Think he's on here somewhere.

Qashcow
user name is PaulyA610, RS tuning built SC Clio with standard bottom end etc.

i had a great drive home once id filled up with fuel, i forgot how much i love it on a day like today when it mostly works fine

Qashcow
lol, luckily not anything bad. turned out it was the handbrake cable that snapped 2 months ago and i havent replaced yet was smacking the floorpan, was louder in the car as it echo'd around and gave me a heart attack

Superb. The mount defies my logic though. Just doesn't look to me like there's enough for it to hook onto..

lol me too! It works well on the Clios as they have that 'rail' that runs under the side skirt. A lot of cars just have a plastic undertray, then you're buggered and it's back to roof suction mounts :(

lol me too! It works well on the Clios as they have that 'rail' that runs under the side skirt. A lot of cars just have a plastic undertray, then you're buggered and it's back to roof suction mounts :(

I'll show my step-dad when he gets in. He loves making things, see what he can knock up for me! Lol.

I have a suction thingy-ma-bob but it doesn't get the camera far enough away, without it wobbling, even at 10mm.

Here's a image build up of the first photo:

Build-Up.jpg

The bottom right isn't the final shot, that image then had some colour adjustments and contrast etc.... (to give the image in my first post :))

And that top left image is straight from RAW (ie straight from the camera)

Titanium 182
My week off will involve looking at building a rig, it's been on the list for 2 years :eek:

Agreed, I've been trying to find the right parts to make one for a while - I'd rather a rig that attaches to the underbody such as this one, as apposed to suction mounts to minimise the post process side.

How much did this cost you? And could you show me a picture of the clamp?

Superb!

My week off will involve looking at building a rig, it's been on the list for 2 years :eek:

If you need any help, give me a shout :)

Agreed, I've been trying to find the right parts to make one for a while - I'd rather a rig that attaches to the underbody such as this one, as apposed to suction mounts to minimise the post process side.

How much did this cost you? And could you show me a picture of the clamp?

I honestly can't really remember, I made it in 2009 ish. The aluminium was about £160 iirc, luckily a friend of my Dad did the welding free. The clamps themselves came from a guy selling them in America. If you go to automotiverigs.com, you'll see them.

It was probably about £200 ish, maybe a tad more.

looking real good, thought paul might of brought his alpine, real shame i couldnt make it today :(

No worries. Next time :)

looking good , everytime i see your photo's they look stunning , very talented , we will all have to get together some time and have a big photoshoot , fair few SC clio's in gloucester , going to have a look at a white SC clio tommorow so may also have one ben stevo's old one ;) , that will mean me selling my 182 though after i have taken all the good bits of it :dapprove:

yes the rb owner is paulya610 on here , bought it of here , px'd it for his r26 , it used to have white turbines on it but were replaced with his 2118's

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
yes the rb owner is paulya610 on here , bought it of here , px'd it for his r26 , it used to have white turbines on it but were replaced with his 2118's

Stuarts old car I presume then!

Was hoping there would be a nice little project thread :(