ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Typical labour cost to change rear discs and pads

182 Trophy
Hi, anybody had their rear pads and discs changed on a 182 recently ? If so what were you charged in labour. Renault wanted £260 to supply and fit them. Once I'd stopped laughing at them I ordered genuine discs and pads and now I'm just looking for somebody to fit them. I know I could / should do them myself but .......

I'm in Nottingham if anybody knows anybody reliable

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I don't think thats a bad price for Renault actually.

182 Trophy
Well, at that price Renault's labour rate works out at £135 per hour. I bought the discs and pads from Renault Wolverhampton for £125 delivered to me.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry to hijack :eek:

How much would you expect to pay to completely renew the brake fluid?

Mustang, S13, AX GT
dont forget the wheel bearings are pressed into the disks, or do new renault disks come with bearings?
Renault disks come pressed ;) I'd say to give Ryan at NWPerformance a pm about doing them, he supplied and fitted my disks and pads for around £120-30ish IIRc

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
About an hour to do, most places will charge £40-50, local independant's that is.

182 Trophy
£50 is the figure I was looking for too. Left a message with my local garage and we'll see what he says. Any more than that means it's worth investing in a torque wrench and I'll try it myself.