ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre choices.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Timing isn't brilliant but picking up a puncture on the way back from work, I need a new set of tyres, I have been putting it off.

Choices and the prices are pretty close, goodyear 5's being the cheapest. Ps5 I think are about £60 for a set dearer.

So.

Asy 5
Asy supersports. Epic in the dry, ish in the wet I think.

Ps4. Solid choice.
Ps5. I'm sure they will be decent.

colesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 182 197 E61 530D
For the golf? I just put a set of Goodyear asy 5 on mine. £306 fitted at my local protyre. They seem decent enough!

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
I ordered a pair of PS5's earlier on Camskill. £15 a tyre cheaper than PS4's in my size.

Yet to see a review anywhere on them, but like you say I can't see them being a poorer tyre.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Had Assymetrics on my last Clio. Good tyres in my view. A Michelin might be a couple of percent better but, on a road car, you're probably not going to notice in reality.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
From reviews they are all about the same. I'm sure they will great.

Picked a puncture up last night so need to get the space saver on today, nice.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
My Assy 5's are good mate, well apart from the front one ending up with a puncture yesterday in the side wall, f**king thing has only done about 2,000 miles.. :mad:

I have to admit I don't have direct experience of Asy 5 (only Asy 3) but have been informed by those with back to back experience that they wear quicker plus PS4 treadwear is rated 320 vs Asy 5 300.

For me personally PS4s have been harder wearing than other comparable UHP road tyres but if Goodyear have pulled off the hat trick of performance plus wear plus price over Michelin that's an excellent result.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Good thread at a good time.

I've got a slow puncture on the front of the bmw. They're s**t budgets, have cracking all the way round and are well passed their best so just gonna replace. Rears are sound though for a good few miles yet.

KwikFit have a deal on at the moment for 10% off Goodyears so gone for some Asymmetric 5s which will be getting fitted on Friday.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Costco had some pretty banging deals on Michelin not long ago, worth looking into.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Was tempted by the supersports in the goodyears. But for what I need the 5's will be spot on

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
I have to admit I don't have direct experience of Asy 5 (only Asy 3) but have been informed by those with back to back experience that they wear quicker plus PS4 treadwear is rated 320 vs Asy 5 300.

For me personally PS4s have been harder wearing than other comparable UHP road tyres but if Goodyear have pulled off the hat trick of performance plus wear plus price over Michelin that's an excellent result.

I bought a set of PS4's for my wife's CMax not long after they were released. I remember being quite disappointed with the wear after about 2-3k miles. Sold the car around that point, so can't really comment on full life. But the 4 sets of GY Asy 5's I've had since have seemed better.

I'm actually looking at a set of GY Asy 5's for my E91 now, as I've just bought some decent wheels to throw on it.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Anyone having any issues with Aysm 5's i have had 5 punctures now in a few months, and just noticed the tyre wall has a small egg in on the back, it's not new, but they have only done 3k at most, front one punctured a couple of weeks ago in the side wall so had to be replaced, probably just bad luck, but i wouldn't expect an egg in the side wall.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Anyone having any issues with Aysm 5's i have had 5 punctures now in a few months, and just noticed the tyre wall has a small egg in on the back, it's not new, but they have only done 3k at most, front one punctured a couple of weeks ago in the side wall so had to be replaced, probably just bad luck, but i wouldn't expect an egg in the side wall.
No problems here. On my second set too.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Nope, had some on mine for around 2 years, never had a puncture and they're wearing well 🤷‍♂️

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Love the PS4 S I have on mine so the PS5 should be decent I reckon. I would go Michelin again all day long