ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre pressures for a 182 FF with standard 16" wheels

Clio 182 FF Orange
Hi guys

What pressure do you run your tyres at ?

I have put 30 in the front and rear and the handling has got twitchy so before I adjust them I just thought I would ask what is best for the handling ?

any help would be appreciated

thanks

You say it's "got" twitchy, what did you have in there before?

You should have a higher pressure in the fronts compared to the rears for a balanced car (to compensate for the front heavy weight distribution). Look on the sticker inside the passenger door, IIRC it recommends a cold pressure of 34 PSI front and 30 PSI rear.

Unless you're into spending money on brand new tyres, tread depth gauges, temperature probes and getting the same driver to pound around the same track doing consistent lap times ...then there's not really any point in putting much more thought into it.

Clio 182 FF Orange
Thanks for the reply

its just that I put it into a bend the other night and it just didn't feel as sure footed as it has always done at the same bend and speed ( probably too quick) It over steered quite unexpectedly and I laid an egg nearly

i know people are going to say too much speed etc but it wasn't excessive for the bend!!!

I have no knocks on the suspension etc

failing that which suspension components do I need to check?

thanks again

Oversteer would be associated with the rear pressures being too high compared to the front, which is the "odd" way around (usually, with the front wheels being driven and doing the majority of the work during cornering and braking, you'd expect the fronts to spiral upwards if anything)

Knackered rear shocks are a very common cause of oversteer. Look for signs of oil leaking from the damper. If you feel like removing the shock, then check that it "springs" back after you compress it.

EDIT: Oh and not forgetting the obvious, old tyres (grip is reduced through all these heatcycles, so it's not all about tread depth) or worn tyres etc.

Last edited:
  Clio 182 FF Orange
I have actually replaced the rear shocks recently with genuine ones and they have possibly done less than 500 miles I'll check them for leaks !!!

thanks

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I have actually replaced the rear shocks recently with genuine ones and they have possibly done less than 500 miles I'll check them for leaks !!!

thanks

When the 182 fails to track properly...its usually the shocks...maybe even a snapped spring (you never know)

Clio 182 FF Orange
Thanks guys I'll have a look front and rear

it has eibach springs on it are they still prone to snapping? The same as the standard renault ones ?