ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre Repair

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
That looks like a bit of a cheap repair IMO. Normally a puncture repair is done by taking the tyre off of the rim, cleaning up the inside of the tyre, drilling the puncture through and then applying a puncture repair patch through the hole and across the inside of the hole.

Clio DCi 1.5
That looks like a bit of a cheap repair IMO. Normally a puncture repair is done by taking the tyre off of the rim, cleaning up the inside of the tyre, drilling the puncture through and then applying a puncture repair patch through the hole and across the inside of the hole.

Thanks everyone for your input so far. They did take the tyre off the rim and drilled the hole - just looked a bit shabby to me - but I don't know!

I'm just curious what will happen as the tread wears down, as this is sticking out beyond the tread - could it not just get torn out or worn away?