ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tyre size on ph2 172 alloys.

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
hi people, this may be a silly question to some of you but.. I know the ph2 came with 195 width tyres.. is it possible to fit wider 205 ones on the same alloys? Or whats the widest you can possibly fit?

excuse the ignorance. Any ideas?

cheers.
Mark

Chocolate Bar™
you can fit a 205 onto the standard alloys, but i personally would stick with 195's especially if you plan on lowering it substancially.

is it going on a 1.2?

BMW Z4 3.0i
I believe there's no problem fitting the 205/45/16 tyres. It will affect your speedo by a couple of % though.

U SHOULD B OK , as long as u dont overload ur motor, might catch :)

ppl tend to advice 205/40/16 when u go wider :S

BMW Z4 3.0i
the % difference of the 205/40 profile is even greater than the 205/45 profile when compared to the 195/45. Your speedo will read way over instead of a bit under.

Anyone know if the 182 speedos are calibrated differently to account for the tyres? or do they just keep it the same if it's still within tolerance?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
GazCB said:
the % difference of the 205/40 profile is even greater than the 205/45 profile when compared to the 195/45. Your speedo will read way over instead of a bit under.

Anyone know if the 182 speedos are calibrated differently to account for the tyres? or do they just keep it the same if it's still within tolerance?

The would imagine the speedo is calibrated for the 182 tyre size :

If you go from the standard 195 / 45 / 16 on a 172 to 205 / 45 /16 your speedo will read over . At 70mph you'll actually be going 71.08 mph

If you go to a 205 / 40 / 16 your speedo will read under and at 70mph you'll be doing 68.68mph .

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
ACE info people, didnt have a clue the width would effect the speedo.. Not sure which profile to go with now... I think the lower profile may be the option.

cheers a bunch.