ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre suggestions for my cup

197 FF Glacier White
ive always swore by F1s but they were getting pricey, at £29 a corner for T1-Rs i gave them a go after a mate recomended them and they are awesome wet or dry and i dont hang about!!

I read that TR1s are superb in the dry, but I rarely read anything but negatives about them in the wet, and not just on this forum. You find them OK I take it?

G

VX220, RS Clio 200t,
I'd swear by the Toyo T1R as an alrounder. Just put them on my 182 for the winter. In the summer I'll be back on the Goodyear Eagle F1s. Great tyre and run them on my VX220. Only problem being they don't shift the water very well, but the Toyos are ace.

People will always be divided by tyres and there is a lot of brand loyalty. Personally I have run lots of different tyres over the years and I haven't found one I like as much as the Toyo & Goodyear. I found the Khumos too hard for me. In the colder weather they broke traction under acceleration too easily. Couldn't fault them for sideways grip though.

At the end of the day you can waste £££s trying all sorts of different tyres. Try some different ones. If you really hate them then people do buy tyres off e-bay second hand and you can change to something else.

GB 182 FF
I'd swear by the Toyo T1R as an alrounder. Just put them on my 182 for the winter. In the summer I'll be back on the Goodyear Eagle F1s. Great tyre and run them on my VX220. Only problem being they don't shift the water very well, but the Toyos are ace.

People will always be divided by tyres and there is a lot of brand loyalty. Personally I have run lots of different tyres over the years and I haven't found one I like as much as the Toyo & Goodyear. I found the Khumos too hard for me. In the colder weather they broke traction under acceleration too easily. Couldn't fault them for sideways grip though.

At the end of the day you can waste £££s trying all sorts of different tyres. Try some different ones. If you really hate them then people do buy tyres off e-bay second hand and you can change to something else.

I found the VX on T1R's to be a total pain in the ass to drive wet or dry lol. Pikey kumhos to the rescue :)

GB 182 FF
iirc toyos need a good 1K dry miles to get all the release compound crap and general toss rubber scrubbed off, but even then they are a mediocre tyre imho

Jesus Christ mitch, put a few more letters in your words and take the time to make your posts easier for everyone else to read. :dapprove:

You would have got more replies having presented your question in the correct manner.

On a positive note, I ran Continental Sport Contacts all round on my 172 from brand new down to the tread wear indicator and they were never short of impressive. Managed 25,000 miles on the fronts. Proper driving too, not trundling around town.

Michelin Pilot Exaltos on the 182 Cup at the moment. Happy with these too. :approve:

Hope this helps - apologies for the grammar lesson - not meant offensively.;)

no offense takin.. im just so used 2 doing everything really quick on texts and such that a automatically do it

JMR

RB 182 Cup
no offense takin.. im just so used 2 doing everything really quick on texts and such that a automatically do it

Cool. Any ideas what you're going for yet?
Contis are around £80 a corner
Exaltos £95+ per corner
Vredestein Sportrac 3 ???? £65 a corner for a highly rated tyre.

Cool. Any ideas what you're going for yet?
Contis are around £80 a corner
Exaltos £95+ per corner
Vredestein Sportrac 3 ???? £65 a corner for a highly rated tyre.

im swaying 2wards a set of rainsports.. they only goin 2b on the car over the winter but as soon as temperatures start 2rise i think inm goin 2get sum p2's

Last edited:
  Civic Type R
im swaying 2wards a set of rainsports.. they only goin 2b on the car over the winter but as soon as temperatures start 2rise i think inm goin 2get sum p2's

Looking for rainsports myself but cant find any stock in 205/45/16 , Do you know of somewhere that has them in stock?