ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyres - help, advice

Racky

ClioSport Club Member
  Minion Yellow
Hi guys,

I need to change the tyres on my 1.5 dCi and I am completely bamboozle what to choose.
I am looking more after a touring tyre, something that won't wear in 10k miles.
Was thinking of Rain Sport 3 or Toyo T1R, but noticed that people say this tyres wear fast.

Now I am looking at Continental ContiPremium Contact 5, Eco Contact 5, Toyo CF2, as I noticed that these seem ok in the wet ( they are B ).

Anyone had them on their cars ? Can you sugest something else around 60pounds/tyre ?

Racky

ClioSport Club Member
  Minion Yellow
Yes, I have a mk2, and looking for 195/50/R15.
Did not knew about this brand to be honest, but I can see a lot of good reviews. :up:

Paddy80

ClioSport Club Member
  RS 275 Cup-S
Michelin Energy Saver +, they will last longer than anything else on the market. Probably £60-65 a tyre. Make sure you get your tracking done!

IMHO Toyo are crap so avoid.

The Contintentals listed should be just fine - I'm running the Sportcontact 2 tyres at the moment, which is an old design but remarkably good, better than I thought they might be.

If you can stretch another 50 quid, but you should be able to get Michelin Pilot Sport 3 for about £70 a corner, which is a proper performance tyre.

Renault 5 GT Turbo
Rainsport3 on my mini have covered 8,000 miles and have a good 5-6mm thread left.. and 95% of my driving is country lane at a decent pace... At the price i paid I really can't complain.

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
The XL ones are not too bad. It's just a slight sway you notice on turn in when they are fresh on. Becomes normal after a few drives. The grip is great, but they do wear rather quick.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I'm on my 4th set of Rainsport 3's XL . I don't find any problem with the sidewalls,you get used to the different feel. They stick like s**t to a blanket in the wet ( it rains hell of alot whereI live) , but the wear rate isn't the best . Just changed the fronts after 6300 miles :eek:penmouth: It's my own fault though . Normally I run them on the front for about 1500miles then swap them over to the back to prolong their life , I didn't do it this time . The rears are on 16,000 miles but will need changing in the near future.

Racky

ClioSport Club Member
  Minion Yellow
Thanks for the advice guys.
In the end I went for the Sportrac 5. I will come back with feedback in 2 weeks and about 3000 miles done .

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
My reading has said that the RS3 have soft sidewalls but I've not experienced the tyre myself.

They do, it's generally good advice to stick a few psi more than normal in the tyre to counter the softness.
On the other hand they do perform pretty well in winter, might be because they're so soft in the first place they don't get as hard as other ones when the temperature drops??