ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What tyres ? Rainsports or T1R's ?

What tyres ? Rainsports, Sport Contacts or T1R's ?

Right i'm after new boots (tyres) for my 172, i am currently running Toyo T1R's and rate them quite well.

Now winter and the undoubtedly wet weather is upon us i was looking at Uniroyal Rainsports and Continental Sport Contacts.

Has anyone any ratings or experience on these or would i be best to stick to the T1R's ?

One of my mates suggested Falkens as there made by Good Year.
Any one any views on them ?

My 172 had Conti Sport Contacts on it when i got it but have seen heaps of them with different numbers after the name.
Is this revision numbers ?

Eg 1,2 and 3 and i'm guessing 3 being the latest version of them ?

Cheers

Last edited:

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup

Not much Help but I ran Rainsports (In the Dry) on Track (They were on a set of wheels I got for Track days so thought Id Kill them)

Apparently I was a Hero for running them as they are not great (According to other Track Dayers) I however had a Great time killing them off.

Can you not Stretch to a set of PE2's, Kwikfit often have 25% off.

I saw PE2's, but was unsure on them in the wet/winter etc
And thought i could get something just as good for less

Static Low
Ive got Pirelli p7's. I swear.. my car doesnt go anywhere in the wet.. unless you overstep the limit that is. Im finding them very grippy in both wet & dry conditions. Look awesome slicked aswell.

MonkeyKnifeFight

ClioSport Club Member
  Rusty Cup
ive had t1r's cant complain cheap and pretty hard wearing, current set must have lasted me well over a year!! (which i think is good no?)

.GAZ.

ClioSport Club Member
  RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
I had Rainsports on the ph1 and they were superb in the wet.