ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tyres up for a change

clio 172 MKII

Hi All,

Got just 3500 miles from my Contis on the front (is that a record!!)

What do you guys recomend - live in Milton Keynes with too many roundabouts - so needs something hardwearing but still gunna do the biz - Also can you give me an idea of what I should be paying -

cheers Lewy

clio 172 MKII

I was told when I got them that they were sh*t hot but it would seem not, budget of about 65 per corner......

19 16V

I have Contis on my front and I wasnt overly impressed with them at all, I dont know what it is but they just dont perform like some tyres I have had in the past..

I find them rather poor in wet conditions, I would hate to have to use them in a monsoon! I find mine wheel spin quite a bit as well, and that isnt due to insane wheel spins..

you do have to adjust your driving when it rains, saying that ive done just under 4k on mine and they look alright, orm a bit on the edges due to hard and fast cornering.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

do I hold the record for being on the standard contis the longest then? Beause im now on 16,600 and still a bit to go!?

I bought Yoko A539s in the summer. Great in the dry, even better then contis but when it rains and the surface is greasy with off cambers it can become a nightmare. You do have to adjust youre driving style.

Ill be trying GSD2s if I can find them cheap enough.

The contis are good tyres..and its beyond me how they come 1st or 2nd in every tyre test but maintain this bad rep on the boards..

Id by the Goodyear F1s now though, latest and greatest..

-Rob

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by Gaz2130 on 31 October 2003

do I hold the record for being on the standard contis the longest then? Beause im now on 16,600 and still a bit to go!?
I only did 400 miles on mine and I didnt like them as they were very slidy at times, even in the dry, so I bought Toyos and some new Super Ts to put them on. Best thing I did!

What are the Toyos like?

Ive done 7k on my Contis and there isnt many more miles in them. Is there a harder compound tyre anyone can suggest as I dont really drive the car hard enough to need super sticky rubber? (Guess Im getting old :oops:)

19 16V

Yes I do adjust my driving for the wet, Im not stupid. I find them very slidy indeed... to the point I do not push my car as far as I used to on other trye types...

Jeez buds, contisports are not that ridiculous. Actually have among the better dry grip out there and cost is among the best competition( wet grip is puddie though ) and , GR, you need to do more than 400 miles to scrub the tyres in properly so they perform better!

Bye Bye

Ive got f1s and last night I was struggling to get any grip in the wet and they are brand new.....Is this because they arent scrubbed or do they need to warm up?

Other than that there great.