ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

U2 downloads new album to every iPhone

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I'm also expecting Tim cook to "westside" and shoulder bump with dre at the next media event.

Apple should have just left it as being free on iTunes and not pushed bonoc**t into peoples faces, that's what people are objecting to.

Not everybody, the stupid seem to think U2 themselves did it without Apple's involvement and are complaining that iCloud isn't safe. Saw this on Facebook this morning..

10635875_10152654478313211_5646267604259542759_n.jpg

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
If you do the following you can turn this off.

- Settings
- iTunes & App Store
- Scroll Down To Automatic Downloads
- Turn Off One Of The Following ( Music, Apps, Updates )

dk

911 GTS Cab
That would explain why I have it on my iPad and not my iPhone, I have auto download music turned off I think.

Ph.1 172, FD3S RX-7
Ignoring the stupid people who think they've been hacked...

It irritates me because it's just another example of Apple arrogance. I'd rather not have Apple playing around with my iCloud account; it's not a security thing but a privacy one.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Ignoring the stupid people who think they've been hacked...

It irritates me because it's just another example of Apple arrogance. I'd rather not have Apple playing around with my iCloud account; it's not a security thing but a privacy one.
they haven't messed around with your iCloud account FFS.

they have given you a free album, you then have the option turned on to automatically download new purchases to your device, hence why the new purchase automatically downloaded itself to your device, they aren't playing around with your iCloud account.

Ph.1 172, FD3S RX-7
they haven't messed around with your iCloud account FFS.

they have given you a free album, you then have the option turned on to automatically download new purchases to your device, hence why the new purchase automatically downloaded itself to your device, they aren't playing around with your iCloud account.

Really? Because adding content to my account certainly doesn't sound like they've left it alone...

dk

911 GTS Cab
Really? Because adding content to my account certainly doesn't sound like they've left it alone...
so if sky gave you channels you didn't pay for you would complain because they were messing with your account, or if your bank put money into your account for free as they were feeling generous you would also complain?

in fact everyone with a sky box has programmes they didn't ask for downloaded to their box overnight...........

this has nothing to do with privacy, or iCloud (they added it to your iTunes account), Apple have given you something for free, the settings you have on your device has meant its now on there, stop f**king moaning about nothing other than receiving something for free. If you don't like it, just delete it.

You've been taking too many sarcasm pills. Swiping left doesn't work. I've re-sync'd it. I've changed the show all music setting. It's just the first song that I played which I can't get rid of.

Ph.1 172, FD3S RX-7
so if sky gave you channels you didn't pay for you would complain because they were messing with your account, or if your bank put money into your account for free as they were feeling generous you would also complain?

in fact everyone with a sky box has programmes they didn't ask for downloaded to their box overnight...........

this has nothing to do with privacy, or iCloud (they added it to your iTunes account), Apple have given you something for free, the settings you have on your device has meant its now on there, stop f**king moaning about nothing other than receiving something for free. If you don't like it, just delete it.

It's nice to see the Apple fanboys will defend literally anything the company does.

I don't remember volunteering for the Apple/U2 multi million pound marketing exercise, because that's what this is. It's not "Apple gives away free album!" It's "Apple treats its consumer base like mugs for a bit of PR".

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
It's nice to see the Apple fanboys will defend literally anything the company does.

I don't remember volunteering for the Apple/U2 multi million pound marketing exercise, because that's what this is. It's not "Apple gives away free album!" It's "Apple treats its consumer base like mugs for a bit of PR".

I'm not an apple fanboy and even I think you're being a moron.

dk

911 GTS Cab
You've been taking too many sarcasm pills. Swiping left doesn't work. I've re-sync'd it. I've changed the show all music setting. It's just the first song that I played which I can't get rid of.
The first link tells you how to do it with ios7, you're right, since ios6 you cants just delete an album, you have to delete each song individually.

ive not had to delete mine as the album hasn't appeared on my phone, just in my purchased items, guess they either don't like me or I'm special.

The song was glitched. That's why I couldn't delete it. I had to do this

Troubleshoot any issues. With iOS7, a lot of people have had issues with deleting songs, where a song keeps reappearing after it has been deleted or the delete option fails to appear when the song is swiped. To address such issues, follow these steps:
  • Click on "Music" in the settings bar. Make sure that the "Show All Music" option is turned on.
  • Go to the iTunes store and click on "Purchased", then "Music". Re-download any the song or songs that you have been trying to delete by clicking on the cloud button.
  • Once the music has downloaded, go back to Settings and toggle the "Show All Music" button to "Off".
  • Open the music app and find the song you wish to delete. Swipe to the left and the "Delete" option should appear. This time, the song should be gone for good.[SUP][1][/SUP]

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
There's some right scare mongering going on about this, you don't have to download it. All hyped up by people with nothing else better to moan about. Who really gives a toss, it's free.
I'm sure people will be moaning about something else come the end of the day on Thursday.

dk

911 GTS Cab
There's some right scare mongering going on about this, you don't have to download it. All hyped up by people with nothing else better to moan about. Who really gives a toss, it's free.
I'm sure people will be moaning about something else come the end of the day on Thursday.
Not getting the confirmation email about their new iPhone coming the following day....

dk

911 GTS Cab
apple have released a removal tool for all the tools that are complaining.

you click on a link at it removes it from your purchased items list, then if you want it you can buy it again when its released properly lol.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I'm still yet to see anything to do with this on mine or my gfs iPhone.