ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

UCH acting bad on me

Clio II 1.5 dCi
Hi,

Today I was installing my amp and had to wire it up. While trying to put the plus cable through the bonnet release grommet I decided to unplug my UCH so I don`t accidentally mess up with the wires. Well I messed them up on purpose ...

While I disconnected them the battery was connected. Afterwards I disconnected the battery and then the ECU (so it is out of my way again ...). After all was finished I reconnected the UCH, then the ECU and then battery. I went in and tried to start the car but ... I didn`t.

The symptoms:
- no side lights (emergency ones don`t work either)
- interior lights are gone
- no immobiliser blinking
- no wipers
- no electrical windows
- can`t lock/unlock the car from key/button

When I turn the key the lights on the dashboard go on like usually BUT I am missing the immobiliser light and the pre-heat light (I don`t remember what these plugs are called but the ones for diesel engines) and when I turn the key further - nothing happens.

I can hear some clicking sound from the relays near the battery but I think this is normal. I checked the fuses and they seem fine - when the key is not turned I get 1.20V to the UCH fuse and once I turn the ignition on I get 12V.

I tried disconnecting and reconnecting the UCH after leaving it for a while. I tried disconnecting everything, leaving it for a while and putting it back together (disconnect - battery, ECU, UCH and when connecting the other way around) but nothing helps.

Please if somebody could help me it would be awesome.

If you can get the car or UCH to pontypridd theres a lad up there who is pretty decent at copying dud UCH onto a new (or erase a preowned) UCH. He did my mates car

Clio II 1.5 dCi
The thing is I am from Denmark. I was hoping for a more DYI solution that won`t require taking the car to Renault`s or any other service.

Clio Sport 172 Ph2
If you can get the car or UCH to pontypridd theres a lad up there who is pretty decent at copying dud UCH onto a new (or erase a preowned) UCH. He did my mates car

Ponty chris as he's known :)

As for your UCH..... u sure somethings not unplugged somewhere??

Clio II 1.5 dCi
Well I am pretty sure but it was late evening and I was really pissed so I am on my way to double check everything today.

Clio II 1.5 dCi
Problem is fixed now. The issue was the square black connector. I wasn`t plugging it in right ... stupid mistake but after hours of frustration that is what you get.