ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

UCH control unit!!!???

182 has now gone!
Right.. both my key fobs stopped working a few weeks back.. Can still lock/unlock the car with the key. But the fobs wont work,

Been in to Renault near enough allday today, cost me £123! for the diagnostic and a courtesy car.

Problem.. Keys work and are transmiting fine..
The broken part is within the UCH control unit, which is a sealed unit..
Therefore this has to be replaced.. New unit £174.00+ VAT, fitting and re programming of keys = nearly £400!!!

Now the technican said some clios have the key fobs units seperate, which are easier to get to and cheaper to replace... but mine is one of the ones that is within the UCH unit..

The car is just over 3 years old, and out of warrenty. I thinking of writting a letter to Renault UK as I am not happy about paying for this, especially for a whole new unit!

Anyone had this happen to them??
or written to Renault and had much luck??

Thanks... :dapprove:

Quite common this.. i work as a renault tech seen it quite a few times. If u speak to customer services they most likely will pay a contribution..so ul still av to pay some but it wont be the full whack.. maybe 50%

182 has now gone!
Cool.. Thanks...

Anything is better than nothing..
Will put pen to paper later on!

Does this happen quite alot??. He did say as mine is an Import (uncupped 182) this could why its within the UCH unit....

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
No later ones i.e. 2000 onwards are in the uch. Yea ive heard of a few cases of this as well i also am a techy at a dealer

182 has now gone!
No later ones i.e. 2000 onwards are in the uch. Yea ive heard of a few cases of this as well i also am a techy at a dealer

Mine is A 2004 plate.... The technican said most are seperate but thinks its something to do with mine being an import??

cant see how tho, if they are all made in the same factory?

182 has now gone!
Good idea... The part isnt the expensive part tho, Its the fitting and programming that bumps it all up.