ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

UCH Ratchet Connector and Epileptic Lights/Electrics

1.2 16V Dynamique
Morning all,

I just thought I'd try and see if anyone has experienced this fault, as I have tried to get it repaired but it's really starting to test me now.

My car has random periods where the whole "non-essential" electrics (although I think lights are pretty essential…) rapidly blink on and off, including power to the windows, central locking and dash lights. It's left me on more than one occasion outside in the cold pressing the remote on the key just waiting for it to decide to work again so I can get in!

I'd thought I'd nailed the problem by getting a replacement 16-pin Ratchet Connector off of an identical car and having it replaced. This lasted about two weeks and decided to return. The guys I took it to, Montaini Automotive, checked the solder on the UCH and that it was fine.

Question is, do I fork out for a new set of UCH, ECU, Keys etc, or is there a way to make sure that I can isolate the fault and repair it?
Any help would be amazing - this is doing my nut.

I am having the same problem. If you press against the connector you can let the fault appear.
I send my UCH to BBA Reman but the problem is stil there. Maybe i am going to contact them again but first i am going to let it Clip. Just to be sure.
Grtz

1.7 cdti
I had the same problem and took the uch apart on a few occasions . Each time appearing to have solved the problem for a couple of weeks . In the end I just bought a used set and that solved it