ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

UK's Fastest FWD 1/4 Mile 9.86 @ 148MPH

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Seriously impressive time in a front wheel drive, well an impressive time in anything really!

Careful though, I hear Lynden's had the back seats out of the Abarth....

e91 330d/type r mini
well done to both of you :)
you will have to drag him away from the pc today as he will be watching it on replay all day :)
awesome car.

ibiza cupra
i heard him on the mic after saying that his brake pedal just went to the floor after lol. bet that was scary

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Seriously impressive time in a front wheel drive, well an impressive time in anything really!

Careful though, I hear Lynden's had the back seats out of the Abarth....

FLOL

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
i heard him on the mic after saying that his brake pedal just went to the floor after lol. bet that was scary

He went past the turn off at the end and was so close to the gravel! Brakes or a parachute next i think!

Tigra
am not sure whats going on with the brakes.

if i have my normal wheels on as in treads the brakes are fine, the problem starts when i put the big slicks on.
i do a run and the peddle just goes to the floor but pumps back up and then there fine till i do another run.

Stripped yozza'd cup

if i have my normal wheels on as in treads the brakes are fine, the problem starts when i put the big slicks on.
i do a run and the peddle just goes to the floor but pumps back up and then there fine till i do another run.

I'm assuming it doesn't have ABS?

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
I have raced this at santa pod a while back and i did pull on him too :D (a car lenth as I was quicker to react ! ) TBH I could of done with half a track start this THING is epic :approve: beat me by OVER 4.5 sec IIRC !!!!

I think my problem was related to heat in the bay, it's likely things will be hotter with the slicks on. However, you may be getting pad knockoff, it's possible that your uprights are distorting enough for the pads to push the pistons back. If the pedal comes straight back as soon as you pump it that's possible. When my MC went intermittent I could leave the car for a while, and when I came back it would be fine. After the new MC the problem went away.

Do you have decent front hubs? When I stripped the ones in my 5 (120mph traps) I'd opened the hub up along the splines like a Terry's chocolate orange. I swapped them for new shotpeened clio uprights, and since then I've gone to early Laguna ones, twice the weight of the original 5 stuff, but I'm trying to stop things moving about.