ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ultima GTR chasing at Cadwell Park

172 sport
Awesome driving mate. That Puma was a tad Max Power though or was it meant to be Rally Spec?

It looked a proper rally car when I had a quick look at it in the pits,and it was spitting a flame or two out of the exhaust,I think they must have been there testing it,but to be fair the car was probaly designed to run at its best around a smooth tarmac circuit with that ride height:D,he was driving like a bit of a prat though,he could have moved over and let me on my way,he actually hit his brakes half way down the back straight when I was pushing him to move over,he had plenty of time to let me through then,thats the sort of thing you expect from a idiot on the road if they think your up there ass,but not on a trackday:clown:

Clio 172
watched all 10 minutes! great driving mate!

i love it when you are pushing the GTR through a section of corners and his back end steps out!!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Love that video, specially watching your car through the twisty part towards the end of the lap. That GTR is so quick on the straights!

Also, t**t in Puma FTL.

182 (Conversion)
Great driving, respect.

Shows that it's not the muscle it's how you use it. It's not "your car is quicker than" (bar room talk) it's "you're quicker than".

Is it the RS192 exhaust?

Tav

Clio 197
I did not noticed that much difference to be honest Tav,running the crapy slicks I had on the front axle and R888's on the rear,than having a good set of R888's all round.
I am sure a new set of good quality slicks all round would make 2 to 3 seconds a lap over R888's,but the last time we went to Cadwell over the winter on R888's and I was lapping in 1m 50s,on wednesday evening my best lap was 1m 48.5s,so only just over a second difference,that gain I put down to track temperature,infact we are going back there on the 6th of July,and Ive just ordered a couple more R888's,with them fitted I am sure I will be a bit quicker than I was on Wednesday,we shall see;)

Difference between a road tyre and R888 can be huge though, so understandable you were passing lots of people. First time I drove a Porsche 968 on slicks I was like :eek: how much grip!

172 sport
Great driving, respect.

Shows that it's not the muscle it's how you use it. It's not "your car is quicker than" (bar room talk) it's "you're quicker than".

Is it the RS192 exhaust?

The exhaust is a very noisey scorpion mate,straight through system with no cat,it is loud,I have to fit some extra silencers in the tail pipes "decibel killers" for the quieter circuits,Cadwells ok though its a 105db limit there:cool:

2002 Clio Sport 172 ph2
all over him like a rash! although a lil sceptical the engine's stock? my 172 doesnt go like that!

Clio 172 RS2
Respect Paul... for doing that at Cadwell Park.

Spotted correct trackday manners.
At the end of the day everybody wants to run his laps.
Just gave way to faster cars and signal correctly.

Very noisy? That's a understatement... : )