ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ultrasonic sensitivity. red/white wires?

PH2 Flamer
Alarm has been going off again. ultrasonics according to the three led flashes.

anyone know which wires i swap over too turn the sensitivity down to 20% instead of 805? ive read its red and white. but where are they?

ive got them pointing straight at the apillars know just to stop them setting alarm off, as even turning them off via the ignition method didnt work. and have work in an hour, kinda want them working as car park isnt 100% safe as 1000's of ppl use it.

Passat
Anyone know the answer to this? My alarm doesn't like these hot days. I'm having to turn the sensors completely off every time I lock the car. Pain!

PH2 Flamer
I never found out, I got an airline and gave the sensors a blast, cleaned them up and had no issues.

Probably all the dust setting them off mate.

I did this today...

My alarm was right on the floor of the chassis underneath the centre console. In this thread, the alarm can be seen under the passenger airbag: http://www.cliosport.net/threads/ph1-ph2-dash-conversion-full.583827/ Not really a surprise tbh given that most 172/182 alarms are dealer fitted so each installer might route wires slightly differently (though annoyingly I only found this out having removed the upper dash & airbag to find an empty void)

Swapping the red & white wires was really easy. They have quick release connectors on them & in the whole alarm loom there was only one pair of red/white whites so it was really easy to identify. Just trace the grey wires from the ultrasonic sensors all the way back to the alarm loom and where the 2 grey wires become red & white, swap them over.

I did this today...

Most threads seem to suggest the alarm is under the passenger airbag (e.g. picture of it in here: http://www.cliosport.net/threads/ph1-ph2-dash-conversion-full.583827/ ) but annoyingly I removed the dash & airbag to find an empty hole. My alarm (and this is a guess) seems to be on the floor underneath the centre console, maybe 20cm forward of the OBD port. Happily where all the individual wires from various sensors joined into the alarm loom was behind the glovebox next to the relay box. Not really a surprise that the same alarm could be installed differently, given that it was a dealer not a factory option.

Swapping the red & white wires was really easy. The grey ultrasonic wires turn into black wires halfway along the loom & have quick release connectors so you don't necessarily need to go removing everything to find the little box of electronics that is the actual alarm. The quick release connectors have white & red labels on them.

Red to red and white to white = 80% sensitivity (shown below)
white to red = 20%.

IMG_0164_1.jpg