ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Under 20s!

133/225/CLS AMG

Just out of interest how do the real younuns on here pay for their 172/182 etc?? And how much is your insurance??

I managed to buy a brand new 172 when I hit 21 and I thought I was lucky!! :D

133/225/CLS AMG

But how I mean thats a lot of cash, but what jobs is it you guys have at 18/19 to afford this???

Yamaha R6

Im 19.. I work for my dads car dealership.. Im insured on anything upto a 4.0 litre. Cos I have to be able to drive anything that comes in... I dont pay a cent. =]

Hence why Im after a v6

Quote: Originally posted by Aust1n on 28 March 2005

Im 19.. I work for my dads car dealership.. Im insured on anything upto a 4.0 litre. Cos I have to be able to drive anything that comes in... I dont pay a cent. =]

Hence why Im after a v6
Can i work for your dads dealership?. ill even make the tea aslong as i get insured! :p

Sy

133/225/CLS AMG

Im just intrigued as Im sure most people assume that rich parents pay for younger peoples cars. I always want people to realise that I bought my own 172 at 21 but Im sure people think my parents paid.

Thats handy with working at a dealership so free insurance on anything cant be bad.

Yamaha R6

Quote: Originally posted by AlexJMills on 28 March 2005

Im just intrigued as Im sure most people assume that rich parents pay for younger peoples cars. I always want people to realise that I bought my own 172 at 21 but Im sure people think my parents paid.

Thats handy with working at a dealership so free insurance on anything cant be bad.

i know what you mean m8.. ive always got a car on the side which i buy and sell...and make money off... thats how i afforded a brand new 172 in the first place... Ive had a 1.1 saxo...then a 1.6 megane... then a 2.0 megane... and now ive got a BMW 325 which im going to make about 3 grand off when it finally sells... making money from sales before hand got me about 5 grand towards it...and the rest of the money came from my salary to buy the car... the only thing my dad bought me was an old ass 1.1 saxo and said to me heres your starter car....work your way up basically.

BMW M3 - For Sale!

all u old people just think...

we can afford insurance cos most of us arent paying for anything else (e.g. rent, mortgages)

Im 19, got a 1.8 8v RSi, insurence is £2k fully comp, alot of it is because i already had a calim (even though iwas run off the road).

I;m a student at uni, and work when ever i can in the holidays/weekends etc.

Paid for the car myself, running it myself, insurence myself, ok i hada loan off my mum when i brought it, that that is being paid back each month

Titanium 182

i just saved up for mine really

sold the 172 now tho and bought a vts just for cheaper running costs and insurance as im after training to hav a good career rather than having everything now

once iv trained i just want to get a mortgauge on a nice flat then il buy another one of a something simlar

i was 18 when i brought my 172, and only in my second year of an electrical apprenticeship, now got 182 cup and am in my final year. i am insured through my dads insurance and pay £1100 with tescos. quite good i thought.

133/225/CLS AMG

I think it helps living at home and lets face it, its a bit of a dream come true to be a able to buy a motor like a 172/182/Williams for most young people.

LuckilyIve got a job that allows me to buy my car and am currently saving for a mortgage. Have still told my missus Im still having a fast car even when we buy a place! lol

im 19 and ive got a modded williams and pay around £2500 in insurance. it kills me but youve gotta pay it.

Mark

EVO VII

im 21, got my R5GTT at 18 was paying £1800. still have the 5. got my 172, 6 months ago.

i paid for the lot. gonna be buying a house this year, need to get on the property ladder.

ITB'd 172 POPTART

Im 20 just not long turned and i had a topic on this not long back. . . .

I Pay fully Comp with elephant £1720-83 w/mods declaired. For a 172 Mk2 that is. . . . *beats tesco £2.7k* :D

Sinclair C5

Just as a matter of interest, do any of you guys paying £1500+ a year for insurance currenlty have a mortgage or are you still living in your bedrooms?

I know its a good feeling to get a nice car when you are young but believe me its a much better thing when you get your own place ;) and if you can afford both then lucky you !

ITB'd 172 POPTART

Quote: Originally posted by warine_warrior on 29 March 2005

Just as a matter of interest, do any of you guys paying £1500+ a year for insurance currenlty have a mortgage or are you still living in your bedrooms?

I know its a good feeling to get a nice car when you are young but believe me its a much better thing when you get your own place ;) and if you can afford both then lucky you !

Im kinda a tennat cos the y provide me a place to stay when im working and i have a mortgage on a house in coventry, which is being paid for by a a family staying there. Best of Both worlds really. On the Prop Market.

CraiG

Im 19, got my 1.4 2004 Clio last year at 18 and I paid £2450 for insurance!

And that was the best possible quote, we looked everywhere! Damn you first car/south London insurance prices!!

Clio 182

i am female and 21 and i bought the car on 1st march. 4 years no claims and i got it for £725 with privilege! was really happy with that!!

Golf R/Leon FR

im 22 been looking at a 172 mk1 and had a quote off tesco for £1098 fully comp. thats with 3yr nc. was much cheaper than elephant they quoted me £1600!!!

Van..

i work as a landscape gardener.. min £300 a week.. brought a 05 clio extreme 1.2 only really got it cos it came with free insurance, as my previous clio was in my mums name and £700 i did a few qoutes to see how much it would cost with out free insurance £2600. rip off need help for next year..!!

im 20 , 21 in august just payed 1900 quid insurance! on a 182 brand new

[Edited by Binnsy on 29 March 2005 at 8:45pm]

im 17 on a learner license, paid for a Mk1 1.2 (i know there cheap lol) and its fairly modded, and pay 1900 insurance with elephant on a pay montly jobby.

Im 18 - just turned.........i drive a 1.2mk1 and my insurance is £1000fc with pass pluss, 0ncb, 1claim and 1 speeding! Thats with churchill!

^^^ how mush was the insurance on that mate? (meant for the evo)

I think its all down to the person. I love cars and mine imparticular. Im only an apprentice and earn around £11,000 a year at the minute from my main job, but i have spent over £25,000 on my car in the last two years. I just do loads of eaxtra work whenever i can and dont spend my money on rubbish. Dont get me wrong i still go out with my mates and stuff just dont buy the latest phones etc, and live at home.

Mark

[Edited by case on 29 March 2005 at 10:49pm]

Street Triple R

it was a lot mate! lol

but same thing as you really, i live at home, it sounds sad but i dont drink or smoke so i spend my money on my car, but as i said...in hindsight, an Evo at 19 is a bit mad, truly awesome car though....miss it to this day!

Sinclair C5

Quote: Originally posted by Craig Ed on 29 March 2005

Quote: Originally posted by warine_warrior on 29 March 2005

Im kinda a tennat cos the y provide me a place to stay when im working and i have a mortgage on a house in coventry, which is being paid for by a a family staying there. Best of Both worlds really. On the Prop Market.

CraiG
good work fella