ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Unhappy with RS192 fitment...

Fitted my RS192 cat back exhaust over the weekend...not happy with it at all really.

It hits the subframe on hard acceleration - possibly an engine mount but it was fine before, and my dogbone mount is polybushed...

The tailpipes are too low and wonky - I have tried sticking sockets in the rear exhaust mounts but its just not right - without sockets they rest against the bumper. The hangers just seem completely wrong.

They also don't stick out from the bumper at all - although I think that is normal.

Any tips on getting it right?

RB Clio 182 Cup
My approach was apply brute force to the hangers till the tailpipes hung in the right place. Not the perfect solution as looking along underneath I think the centre section looks slightly twisted to one side but it sits 95% in the correct way, doesn't leak and doesn't knock so I'm not fiddling with it any more.

I also changed my rear mounts by ditching the standard rubber parts and using a cut down universal powerflex mount tie wrapped and wedged in to the original square hole for the rubber with holes drilled in the middle to hold the exhaust hangers. This holds the hangers more tightly where the originals would let them move and hang out of the place in the rear cutouts. Still gives enough flex for movement and won't need replacing every 6 months though.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Have you tried having everything loosened, man-handling it into place, and then tightening everything up? (2 man job).

A45 AMG 406BHP
Not good! was looking into one of these systems myself.
Where did you buy your RS192 from dane?

derv biege barge
My rs192 went on ok. No probs with it knocking or rattling. The right hand pipe sits slightly lower but is marginal. Like the other guy said its not leaking and sounds good so I'm leaving it alone.

IMAG0192.jpg

My rs192 went on ok. No probs with it knocking or rattling. The right hand pipe sits slightly lower but is marginal. Like the other guy said its not leaking and sounds good so I'm leaving it alone.

View attachment 79960

I'd be happy with that!

Not good! was looking into one of these systems myself.
Where did you buy your RS192 from dane?

Only Yates & Bloomfield Racing sell them, http://www.rs192.co.uk/page1.htm

Have you tried having everything loosened, man-handling it into place, and then tightening everything up? (2 man job).

I tired myself and made some progress - fixed a sag at the cat join - but there didn't seem much I could adjust at the back end.

Cliosport 182 FF
My other half fitted ours on jack and stands then for final straightening etc put it on a four poster lift at his local tyre place,he said it was a bit fiddly but it sits ok using new renault hangers all round no problems at all and sounds really good
The tailpipes stick out about 3/4 inch
Photo-0018.jpg

Last edited:
An update on this - I have managed to get it straight, took far too much effort though. I had to remove the hanger at the back of the second box otherwise I would have had no chance.

Impreza Wagon
I was never happy with the fitment of mine until it went into BTM and was sorted properly. The main issue with mine was an engine mount in the wrong position which caused the whole exhaust to sit wonky. Since then I've changed to a Yozza and like everyone says it fits perfect.