ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Uni Network + online gaming

Honda civic ep2 05
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to bypass a university network in order to play online games i.e xbox live, ps3 pc games etc.

The provider is bluesocket and is username and password protected while logging on.

Have been searching for various solutions but couldnt find much info. At the minute you can play on the LAN with whoever else on your floor has ps3 connected.

Same at my Uni.

Torrents etc are blocked aswell. IRC/Vent don't work and even the MSN Webcam function doesnt work.

Can use rapid share tho!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
At the minute you can play on the LAN with whoever else on your floor has ps3 connected.

You can play with them as they are connected to the same access layer switch.. security will be at the distribution and core levels.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Yes.. i'm sure you would pOwn everyone with your ping times with one of them :rolleyes:

Honda civic ep2 05
Yeh my 2 mates got vodafone and 3 network mobile broadband and THEY SUCK lol so slow up here back home they where almost quicker than my main connection.

2009 Focus RS
i play my PS3 online using a vodaphone dongle, i have quicker connection than broadband, and it doesnt use hardly any bandwidth at all, probably 20kb's up and down, I play COD4 & 5, and NFS Shift all online with no lag.
I use my laptop as a router for ps3 and dongle etc.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
I didn't say it couldn't be done, and its not about the speed of the connection it's about the latency.

I manage over 40 dongles over different networks, i know what the latency times are like using them thanks.

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
i play my PS3 online using a vodaphone dongle, i have quicker connection than broadband, and it doesnt use hardly any bandwidth at all, probably 20kb's up and down, I play COD4 & 5, and NFS Shift all online with no lag.

what the f**k u on?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Man, if I could get some of those off you, I would happily pay!

Having used various cards and dongles from Edinburgh, through Birmingham and down at Hemel Hempstead - oh, and South Wales too - I can clearly state that they all smoke the length of a camel's schlong. Utterly pointless and shat, imo.

D.

This uni sucks for online s**t!

No games, no torrents, no webcams (lol?) no this no that. p**n is still available and i can download using FlashGet and RapidShare - so its all good untill they come knocking at my door.