ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Uniroyal Rainsport3 tread direction??

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
I noticed today well @Dr Jekyll did,that the tread pattern is reverse on the drivers side to passengers side,but before you say all tyres are fitted correctly with outiside facing outside.Anyone know why this is & have this with there Rainsport3's??
image.jpeg image.jpeg

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Dont make sense does it tho?.surly left side is fine as tread is facing forward so disperses the water out & drivers side its the opps!!.cant be good

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah im not to convinced about them,have to keep pissing about with tyre pressures to see if makes them any better.dont give me confidence on cornering.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah that's right.
For the price they're fine, better than toyos anyway!
I'll be going back to michelins though, when these are new they move around something awful and then I killed my fronts in 3500 miles, with no track days.
They are decent in the wet though, gotta give them that.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Just nipped out and checked mine and they're exactly the same . Both front and rear passenger side the tread is going up as in the OP's pic , drivers side front and rear the tread is the opposite way as in the OP's pic. Personally I think they're a brilliant tyre in both the wet and dry , especially the wet . Bearing in mind the cost compared to Premium tyres . Granted ,the wear rate isn't the best, they're very soft. My fronts are now on 7k miles with a guesstimated 1.5k miles left , thats with running them on the rear for the first 1500 miles. I've killed Contis and Exalto PE2's in less miles than that on the road in the past. They do squirm about a bit when new , go for the extra load rating of 87 , up the front pressure to 34 psi and rears ro 32 and it seems to help .

dan's cast offs.
logically they shouldn't work in the wet but they do, think the sipes going in the opposite direction helps.

as long as you buy the xl then they are fine, you'll naturally get some slight squirm from them as they are a wet tyre so it''s just one of those things.

what pressures are people running then on these?.
33f/31r here and are fine for normal road driving, get them hot and they will melt in minutes on road or track. Remember they're designed as a rain tyre, NOT a max performance summer tyre. For me they work great on soaking track days and on my non-performance daily, I couldn't be happier with them for the money.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Just went out to check the civic. The female has it away at work this week. Stupid me.

Anyway, these are brilliant on the it. Better than the conti3s I have on the Clio in the wet and perfectly adequate in the dry.

35 all round I think we run on the civic.

I'm going to get a set of these for the Clio when I go through all the conti3s I've accumulated.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Mine folded like liquorice until I put 40, yes 40psi in all round, now they handle really well in all weather, which is wrong because 40psi should be way too much, 35psi still had them folding so I thought f*ck it, 40 it is.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
The only reason I put 40 psi in them was because I got pissed off going 32-33-34-35 and thought f*ck it, lets just go to 40 then reduce it until they feel right, and bizarrely they felt right at 40 which I did not expect.