ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Unresponsive iPhone 4 Home button

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Yes. But I spilled vodka and coke on mine and assumed it was just that.

1998 BMW e46 323i
Mine's done it now and then from day one. I'd rather keep it than swap it for a 'furb. Been there, done that with the 3GS

clio 182
i had it with mine, had to press it 3/4 times or stupidly hard to work, took it to apple n they replaced it

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
My girlfriend spilled salsa on her 3GS at the weekend, so each time you press the button now it squelches. lol

women....

As for mine it's very rare it does it. I'd figured it was just "hanging" and a software related glitch rather than a mechanical issue as it's so infrequent. Either way it's not often enough to make me feel I need to get it replaced.

BMW F31
Mine does it, either doesn't respond or occasionally brings up multitasking etc. Also my lock button can sometimes bring the screen on and straight away off a couple of times until it eventually stays on for a few seconds, usually to check the time.

Can you get a brand new handset rather than a refurb at apple?

Interestingly I had this twice this week... but then thought I was being stupid as it worked a few minutes later... And it only happens in the gym when I've handled it after a workout!

Corsa :$
Id noticed it being abit laggy before but it never bothered me..until reading this!! I just put it down to my female impatience lol

I really don't think it's humidity related. :S

I've had it in 3GS and the 4. Either a hardware fault or software - maybe where the phones don't get turned off as much as they should.

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
I read this thought nope mines not doing that. Now over the past few days I've noticed it. :(

Mondeo ST220
I'm noticing mine more and more.

It's actually a real issue in terms of using the multitasking or getting the music controls when the phone is locked.

I've had this a few times.

I'll press home, nothing happens, so I press it again and multitasking appears.

Doesn't bother me though.

Audi TTS S Tronic
My brother had the same problem, took his in to the Apple store in Bluewater and they swapped it for a new one there and then

Tesla MP3 2021
It does it all the time on mine, very annoying!

Booked in at the Genius Bar tomorrow.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
As any replacement from Apple would be a reconditioned one, I take it these are just peoples old phones checked over/repaired. Call me a snob, but I'm trying to decide if I want my perfect (apart from this fault) iPhone replaced by one sneezed on by someone else.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
They're perfect. Zero defects.

They're mostly new parts anyway. Definitely not the typical 'recon' that you might be used to.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
As any replacement from Apple would be a reconditioned one, I take it these are just peoples old phones checked over/repaired. Call me a snob, but I'm trying to decide if I want my perfect (apart from this fault) iPhone replaced by one sneezed on by someone else.

No, they are a mixture of new parts and old parts.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
I think i'll suffer a bit longer, as the fault is a bit hit and miss really and I can guarantee it'll be fine when an Apple geek touches it.

Tesla MP3 2021
Well they swopped mine over today in the Trafford Centre. It wasn't doing it when I was in there, as expected! but the guy said nothing and gave me a new (reconditioned???) one!, are they all definitely reconditioned as this really does look brand new!

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
I think i'll suffer a bit longer, as the fault is a bit hit and miss really and I can guarantee it'll be fine when an Apple geek touches it.

Mine did that! It was doing it all the time and trying to get into multitasking seemed impossible, it took three of four goes. Anyhow gave it to the lad at the apple store and it worked fine every bloody time for about two minutes lol.

Still got a replacement though and it is absolutely perfect

Fiesta ST3
guys, im having same issue with my 4 too.

my phone is carrier unlocked, if they replace the phone do they transfer the carrier unlock over to it?