ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Unwanted Break Dust!

Cupra K1 & Clio 200

Dont suppose any of you guys (and girls) have any special formula or secret to prevent break dust build up? Ive got 15" SuperTs and they are a b***c to clean! Also do u advise and wheel cleaning products to help get rid off break dust without excessive scrubing! Thanks,

Gengar

Wonder Wheels is great and probably one of the best for getting wheels clean. Then I find Turtle Wax Brake Dust Barrier helps to stop build up, although on Super Ts with would be quite hard to apply evenly.

Carl

you can get some wheel wax which stops the dust from pitting the wheels and makes cleaning easier, or get black wheels

Rather than just looking for a product to clean off break dust, why not look to reduce the amount of break dust being produced!

My mate has recently put on some GreenStuff pads which claim to reduce break dust and he says they are class. These cost around £35 and im lookin to get some myself.

Kev

P.S Wonder wheels is the best remover by miles!

the best!
had some decent conversations with some people, cant remember, somebody on this site. And the best choices are either the mintex 1144 or the ferodo ds2000 pads. nothing else will do, but i think pagid are ok, work better at higher temps thogh. never buy, black diamond, tarox, red dot, greenstuff etc.

BMW 320d Sport

ferodo ds2000 are the nuts in terms of braking quality, but chuck out a hell of a lot of dust, more than any other pads Ive used. Still, to my mind, Id rather have brakes that keep on trucking in the most severe conditions rather than clean wheels!

Ive been told that Toilet Duck (as in a cleaning product for your Dunny) works better than most wheel cleaners.

I havent tried it myself though!

I can confirm that black wheels DO NOT make youre cleaning life any easier. In fact, all the grime/dirt shows up even more as grey shyte contrasts more with black and graphite than it does with the normal alloy wheel silver.

Civic Em1, Civic Eg4
Re: Archived Post from old forum

I can confirm that black wheels DO NOT make youre cleaning life any easier. In fact, all the grime/dirt shows up even more as grey shyte contrasts more with black and graphite than it does with the normal alloy wheel silver.

+1, especially now its winter, i have black pro race 1.2's and they are a job to keep clean, just got to give them a quick going over every few days really.

Not got a car
+ 2 my black pro race's were a right pain in the hole, even when clean you had to make sure the tyre was nice and black because a dull grey trye looked so poop with the black wheel.

No mater what coulor wheel, a wheel sealent is a must!