ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

update on my turbo

i built the car 2 summers ago and had great fun in it however the turbo decided to blow about a month ago. in a way this was a good thing as it gave me an excuse to fit a bigger turbo and mess around with a few other things in the engine

just a few fices of how it is going.....

pic of new t25 against the old little t2
DSC00163.jpg

this is what the engine looks like at the moment
DSC00189.jpg

DSC00190.jpg

this is the car i'm driving while the turbo is being tweaked
Dsc00095.jpg

Dsc00099.jpg

the turbo
Dsc00085.jpg

i'll post more pics when i stop being lasy and start more tweaking

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Grrrrr see because of you I now have to do Djw Daves wiring!!! ;)

He's finally taken the plunge after wespoke to you at FCS and its all a work in progress just now. So what else are you doing to it then?

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6
Hey Nykie. give us a shout when your about been good to see how your getting on with her. Did you ever sort that boost problem in 1 st out?

cool dave nice to see your getting yours on the way. good luck with the wiring, if you need a hand with it then give me a shout.

well other mods apart from the bigger turbo will be
RSi cam
new intercooler maybe intercoolers
bigger bore exhaust
rebuilt head with reseated valves and slightly ported.
bigger injectors

i've picked up a programmable ECU, this might be going on but it will need hard wiring... a lot of work!!

and i want to try and hide all of the wires, like the veedub boys... smoothed bay.

F.A.O DAVE... when do you think yours will be finished?

Ph2 Valver, Mini
how difficult is it to wire in the injection in, cos ive got the 1.7 turbo engine in my clio but with a r5 gtt carb on it and its just isnt right? I have no idea!:S

you first need the two volvo ECU's with all of the volvo loom. then you need to fit all of the volvo sensors and adapt the origional renault loom to match the volvo engine. ie starter motor, fuel pump, rev counter... etc

what sort of performance do you get from your setup?

Rb 182
nykie said:
cool dave nice to see your getting yours on the way. good luck with the wiring, if you need a hand with it then give me a shout.

well other mods apart from the bigger turbo will be
RSi cam
new intercooler maybe intercoolers
bigger bore exhaust
rebuilt head with reseated valves and slightly ported.
bigger injectors

i've picked up a programmable ECU, this might be going on but it will need hard wiring... a lot of work!!

and i want to try and hide all of the wires, like the veedub boys... smoothed bay.

F.A.O DAVE... when do you think yours will be finished?

Hopefully FCS 2006. ill be siting next to you this time. ;)

heres my updates
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=106272

EVO VII
victim_of_society_15 said:
why does everyone use volvo engines???

would a 21 turbo engine work???

nope you couldnt get a gearbox to fit in the front, the engines are mounted different.

update on my turbo (progress report)

hi there
just thought i show you how the turbo is coming along. hopefully i'll have her all ready for the 26 of feb when she'll be running at the pod... fingers crossed!

the T25 is on
DSC00479.jpg

DSC00483.jpg

i built my own exhaust for it... side exit with a powerflow silencer. it should shound sweet. the silencer hangs down a bit but hopefully it should be ok!
DSC00486.jpg

DSC00492.jpg

just a few pics of the actual car
DSC00475.jpg

DSC00494.jpg

DSC00496.jpg

comments welcome

cheers