ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Update on problems with Cup alarm

Refer to this thread for earlier comments: http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=2&TopicID=80468&PagePosition=6http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=2&TopicID=80468&PagePosition=6

Basically my Cup has been sitting @ Renault Enfield since 9am this morning when I dropped it off. The alarm is playing up, and I told them last week, but they couldnt look @ it until today. Have had to have my main fuse for the alarm out so it wont keep going off (against insurance!).

Strong idea the alarm was not fitted when it 1st came into this country, but was fitted some stage later by someone from Renault. Reason I think this is because the fuse for the alrm was kinda stuck on to the main fuse holder... rather than a nice finished fit.

Anyway, get a call about 4pm from a guy working on the car (could hear the alarm going off in the background) and he was asking me how long I had been having problems etc etc etc. So I told him I had only had the car for a month, so was like the 1st week or two after purchase.

Then a call just now from receptionist telling me it needs an alarm siren??? What? I can bloody hear the thing from here....dont it have a siren??? So anyway, now its in overnight, and I will have to pick it up around 10:30am before I have to go and work.

Any ideas what she was on about when she said it needs a siren?

172, Tiguan

Maybe its that part thats faulty. it could be a short in the actual siren thats causing it to keep going off.

just a guess.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

I got it from them.

w**kers. great sales. understaffed and over worked service dept

Yeah same as me. Happy with the sales side there... but never been satisfied with the service area. its not really the mechs fault... I know a mate who is a mech there... but like you said, under staffed and over worked.

Roll on the new Renault Enfield Showroom which will be just off the A10 :D

Well, you know Saisburys/Toys R Us/Car Land... its gonna be on that roundabout. Its all boarded off now (has been for a while now though). As far as I know, its looking to be end of summer... but these things can be really quick these days.

However that BMW new site is taking a while...