ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Updated brakes required for turbo conversion?

172 cup
I'm having a turbo installed and probably have not thought about a minor problem. Are the current brakes good enough for a turbo? Or does the calipers need upgrading? It's only a low pressure but seeing as I've not had a go in one it's difficult to tell.

Already have braided lines which will help but maybe not enough.

Thanks for any advice

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah that's what I fancy next having not liked the 2500 and killed the 3000 in only 2 track days I think the 1.11 are the next step up. Dunno about how they are on the road mind you.

robmuns

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
Another thing to watch is the brake lines behind the turbo and the master cylinder.. With the turbo they all get very very hot and mine boils the fluid very quickly. Good heat shielding is essential but my turbo seems to be rubbing very close to the lines so I'm going to relocate everything behind the bulkhead for peace of mind

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
What's the car for Mr Frost? 10,000 commuting miles a year plus 1 trackday? Or 2,000 fast road miles, 5 track days and a few auto solos?

172 cup
Another thing to watch is the brake lines behind the turbo and the master cylinder.. With the turbo they all get very very hot and mine boils the fluid very quickly. Good heat shielding is essential but my turbo seems to be rubbing very close to the lines so I'm going to relocate everything behind the bulkhead for peace of mind

I've got Engine Dynamics fitting it for me, so I trust this issue wouldn't be too much of a problem. But will keep an eye just incase. Thanks

172 cup
What's the car for Mr Frost? 10,000 commuting miles a year plus 1 trackday? Or 2,000 fast road miles, 5 track days and a few auto solos?

Defiantly track days along with some road use. Don't need it to commute so just a fun car if I'm honest.