ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Upgraded brakes still fading?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Just went out for a 20 mile backroad blast, and my brakes went. Not very good considering I've upgraded them!

Got Brembo Max discs (grooved)
Redstuff pads
Dot 5.1 AP racing fluid
Braided lines

Not very impressed to be honest! Don't think they will stand up very well to track work :(

b/g 182, meg tourer
get yourself a set of ultraleggeras. they made a big difference for me. better ventilation, lighter rotating weight.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Got turini's on it.

Oh, and i wasnt riding the brake pedal for miles etc, I know how to brake reasonably well.

b/g 182, meg tourer
Got turini's on it.

Oh, and i wasnt riding the brake pedal for miles etc, I know how to brake reasonably well.

oh yeah, sorry bud.
don't know then really. is it just doing it on lots of heavy breaking or under normal use?
mine were fading for a while then i started getting a vibrating noise, 3 weeks later a crack appeared in the rear disc. have a good check around and make sure the pistons are not stuck etc.

182 Cup
Never tried them, but EBC don't have the best reputation on here. Brand new pads? Beaded in properly?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I've found the redstuff pads really good when hot to be honest, read a lot of bad reviews, and i only got them over DS2500's because they wer ebrand new for £30, but just tonight they wern't upto the job.

They were bedded in as per a lot of guides on the net and until now performed well.

This isnt with normal driving, was really giving it some tonight so they got some abuse.

I guess I'll add new pads to the list of parts i need...

C63 PP,R1,,Clubman
My brakes started juddering after afew months of fitting greenstuff pads,they worked well though.

Golf GTD Mk7
thought red stuff pads require a bit of heat to work correctly. They are a bit over kill for an RS. Green stuff would have been better, but as said EBC havent the best track record. ds2500 or pagid are the best bets.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
^ they were red hot!

Like i said, wouldnt have chosen them over the DS2500's if I hadn't got them dirt cheap off a mate.

RenaultSport clio 182 mk2
^^^^ totally agree with ya pal i've got DS2500's on mine and i've never had any problems.

Jaff

Lionel Richie
a certain someone i know told me stories of a car he ran in a championship, the car was sponsored by EBC, the pads the car ran were Ferodo/PF but painted yellow

;)

a thirsty one
mintex m1144 track pad is good value for money and i havnt managed to fade them yet with similar other brake mods to you. i really wanted pagid blues but was a bit skint after the other brake mods i did.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Thanks for the advice, i'll get some before I go on track in the next few months.

Golf GTD Mk7
^ they were red hot!

Like i said, wouldnt have chosen them over the DS2500's if I hadn't got them dirt cheap off a mate.

Hmm, sounds a bit strange. They suggest using those pads for cars like m3's so in theory more weight and heat. Maybe they aren't good quality if you got them cheap?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Never had trouble with my Redstuff's, though admittedly, I've never done track-work in the 182.

The only time I have had trouble is when the CV boot came undone and pissed grease all over the front disc. ;)

D.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Jonathan, they are official ebc's, my mate never fitted them to his 182 before he sold it so gave them me cheap.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Not being funny but it clearly isn't. Brakes were bled a few months ago when I had the lines fitted, and this is the first time I've driven it hard since.

I brake when I need to, not for the sake of it.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I had a similar set up with no fade!

And you'd be surprised at how changing your braking point on track effects things!!

Ductings the next move...But you'll still boil the fluid i'd think!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Wasn't on track, was braking for around 90 to about 50 and nor even full force as I wasn't 100% pushing it.

Granted i'm no race driver but I know when to brake and the speeds I can take the corners,

You had a similar set up, so not this set up, and they vary massively so not a great comparison

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
lol...Fair enough!

I assume its non silicone fluid and it was Bled properly! (Can't stress how much air in the lines effects it)

Sounds fundementally wrong if its fading after one stamp!! i'd check it over!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Lines fitted and bled by Birchdown, I wouldn't attempt it myself!