ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Upgrading Cup Stereo

I wish to upgrade my stereo to a Kenwood and I have noticed there are some issues with the display / stalk controls. Apparently I need to remove my dashboard and fit an adaptor for my stalk controls to work.

What about the display? How do I get to keep this display working?

Seems a lot of hassle!

You buy a smartlead from autoleads they do two models one for just the remote and one that does remote & display. I think they are normally only compatible with Sony CD Changer compatible headunits? You dont need to take the whole dash apart just the top part that houses the clock / cd display etc, the wires can be run from here to cd player without any further work.

remote only approx £35, both est £50 - 60.

But why dont you just leave the cd player out to save weight, BMW have done this on the M3 CSL which is around £12k more than one with a cd player!

[Edited by redmini on 28 October 2004 at 9:00pm]

[Edited by redmini on 28 October 2004 at 9:01pm]

[Edited by redmini on 28 October 2004 at 9:02pm]

Honda S2000

I just took my Cup to have the stereo changed and he said you have to take the entire dash out if I wanted to keep the stalk controls. He said I would lose the display too. So i havent got it changed yet, trying to decide.

What do you want the upper dash display for? Your head unit tells you all you need to know. Not worth 60quid for having a second reading of which track your playing. Just put a new headunit in, the clock and temp gauge still work fine, you just lose the left hand side of the display. Still looks fine and def isnt worth the money. And who needs stalk controls anyway???