ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Upgrading Dell Laptop

I have a basic dell inspiron 1300 laptop that I use for the internet, MP3, Photos and wordprocessing ect.

I have a 40GB hard drive which is rapidly filling up.

So How easy is it to install say a 120GB hard drive and while I am at it upgrade the ram to 1024meg.

Is it easy to back up the entire 40GB Hard drive then put it all back on the 120GB?

Any guides kicking about on the web??

Scott

2004 Clio 1.2 16v
shudnt be too hard.....

one mem slot shud be under the bottom of the system and the other one will be under the keyboard.

hdd shud be easy enough dunno if ures has an interposer board or not.....contact dell and they will be able to tell you if you are able to upgrade it....and give you a price.... then goto microdirect and get it cheaper!

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
i have the same laptop mate and im currently upgrading it.

for ram do a search on ebay for sodimm pc4200 anyone of those will work

im also gettinig a new processor seach ebay for dothan, you want anything over 1.7 with 2mb

im also gettinig a new processor seach ebay for dothan, you want anything over 1.7 with 2mb

Thanks for the info mate,

What spec are you upgrading yours to?

I will have to have a look inside mine as it states it has 512 so Im wondering if it has 2 x 256 or 1 x 512 as I think 1024 meg should be ok.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182

I will have to have a look inside mine as it states it has 512 so Im wondering if it has 2 x 256 or 1 x 512 as I think 1024 meg should be ok.

yeah mine had 2x 256 so i brought 1x 512 for like £30 and i think im gona get a 1.7 processor. but ive got a 60gb hard drive, thats all i need

yeah mine had 2x 256 so i brought 1x 512 for like £30 and i think im gona get a 1.7 processor. but ive got a 60gb hard drive, thats all i need

So yours is running 768 Meg?