ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Upgrading

White APE
Ive been thinking about upgrading the my DSLR for a while now. I currently have a D60 but feel it doesnt have offer everything i want when trying new things. Ive been looking at upgrading to the D90. Would people agree that this is a good next step up without going into mega bucks of the likes of the d3's etc.

The lenses i currently have are AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8d, AF-S Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 VR and AF-S DX VR ZOOM-Nikkor 55-200 f.4-5.6g IF-ED.

I assume these would all fit and work with the D90? thus enabling me to just buying the body thus saving a few pennies?

Also, wheres the cheapest place to buy from?

Cheers

Matt

Storm Grey 200
D90's are great, cheap second hand aswell, but if you were going to buy new I would be inclined to go for a D7000, i changed from a d90 to it and its really great. Good features etc

White APE
Well I've gone and bought a D90. Lol. Should be arriving tomorrow. Would have liked the D7000 but it's more than I can afford.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
How did you get on with the 50mm on the D60? Did you find the manual focus as easy as the 18-55?

I have a D60 and am thinking of buying that in addition to my AF-S 18-55mm VR and Sigma 70-300 APO.

"Navy" N17 TWO
^ I had the 50mm prime on my D40 and loved it mate :) - lovely lens for the money

Thinking of selling it though and getting the f1.4

White APE
The 50mm f1.8 is a brilliant little lens. Admittedly I haven't used it much but the times I have it's brilliant. Gear for getting good DOF.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Thank Pint, good to know, I think I'm pretty much decided upon getting it.

Thanks Tigger, yeah I saw your thread. Exactly, £90 new on amazon and I've got a £25 voucher with nothing else to buy at the moment, so I think it would make good sense!

"Navy" N17 TWO
If you havent already got it....keep an eye on some of my next posts lol ;)

Pint - what else have you got yourself for the D90. More to the point, how are you getting on with it? :)

White APE
So far I've just got the lenses above, today I had delivered a remote cord so I can do long multiple exposure without siting pressing the IR remote every 30 secs!!
Next looking at new nag and tripod. Then I'd something like a 10-

Will post a pic of a quick test I did of the stars last night. After several failed attempts with the D60, mainly down to light pollution I was keen To try out the improved white balance options. Choosing the K setting is a gods send!
Will try it again with the new remote when the clouds piss off!

White APE
Here you go Trev. The result of the first play about late last night.

6924252979_693534eb02_b.jpg

First Trail by m'p'd, on Flickr