ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

upper Gear box mount change guide?

172 Flamer
Is there a guide in here on how to change the upper gear box mount on here ? i have got uprated engine mounts all round to change and cant find an upper gear box mount change guide. HELP PLEASE:approve:

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
It's honestly not that hard mate, just support the sump with a plank of wood between it and the jack,
then undo the cam cover and engine mount, then fit the new one and stick everything back on.

For the upper gearbox mount, support the gearbox in the same way, battery out,
undo the mount, mine wouldn't budge, but a bit of wiggling got it off,
then stick the new mount on.

You might need two people for the gearbox mount, as we had to silicon the nut to my finger
in order to get it into position under the battery tray, while my mate tried to screw the bolt into it.

The whole job is just nuts and bolts, it's not that hard, just set aside a good half day for it.

Oh and good luck finding a 16mm deep socket for the engine mount top nut,
took us 2 hours of running around shops to find one.

I've been trying to do this to my ph1 today. I've undone the 18mm bolt on the centre spike, and the 2x 13mm bolts on the mount - but it won't come out still!

HBT 172 Cup
Oh and good luck finding a 16mm deep socket for the engine mount top nut,
took us 2 hours of running around shops to find one.

Just use a normal 16mm socket. Put the socket on the nut, then the extension bar will go in the top, but just not seat full (but that doesnt matter) :)

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
The thread sticks up too far for a normal 16mm,
on mine it was deep socket or nothing, hence the 2 hour search that nearly sent us mental.

172 Flamer
I have just started changing it myself now. you can use a spark plug socket to take that center mount bolt out :) came out easy once id sprayed some shock and unlock on it! cheers for the advice!

172 cup, Impreza P1
You don't need a deep socket. Just let the socket sit on the nut then put the ratchet into the socket as far as it will go. There will be enough inside the socket to turn the nut.

Ph1 T
You don't need a deep socket. Just let the socket sit on the nut then put the ratchet into the socket as far as it will go. There will be enough inside the socket to turn the nut.

Thats what i ended up doing but would of liked the deep socket incase ever needed it also.