ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Upper left engine mounting

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman
Good afternoon all,

currently im in the process of changing the upper left engine mount, I've removed the standard one completely but i can't seem to be able to get the bolt off

can anyone help?

thanks

joe

Westfield, 182, 200
Do you mean the one under the battery?

If so, there's a how to on here, basically, it's easier to remove the whole mount and then take the mount apart.

Renault Clio 172 cup
Assuming you mean the upper left one as you look at the engine bay, you have to take the cambelt inspection cover off as well, about 3-4 16mm head bolts.

If you have a picture then its better for us to analyze, well anyway I am assuming that it is under the battery. Try to use a deep socket with extension so you can reach it and put a jack stand on the engine and lift it a bit.

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
Screenshot_2014-06-16-11-11-15.png

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
Gearbox mount centre pin has a nut under the gearbox support than can come loose and the two bolts for the mount can drop down and can leave you having to take the whole of the upper gearbox mount system apart. Not too much of arse just takes a bit longer. The centre nut can be a bit of a sod but it usually comes undone with perseverance. Upper engine mount should all come undone fairly easily. I always use good fitting 6 sided sockets and clean and lubricate any visible thread for tatty looking nuts and bolts.