ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Uprated engine mount goodies??

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Well my 172 is starting to show signs of engine "play" & under further investigation it just looks like time for new engine mounts... But! i'm seriously tempted to go down the route of the K-tec uprated ones for a more solid/hardcore feel along with the uprated lower polybush kit but before i go ahead with the order in the next month or two i would just like to know what its like to live with them on a daily basis? have heard word that idle vibration is the main diffrence but other than that it's supposed to make the car feel alot better on the whole

James

Golf GTD Mk7
whats supposed to be different with the idle vibration? Thought that was to do with the cam profile?

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Well since the idle is not exactly perfect on the 172/182's as standard fitting the mounts actually makes it worse "so i've heard" lol... just interested to hear feed back from those that have uprated all 3 mounts

The Kangoo mount is still going strong BTW - engine feels well restrained with the standard dogbone and wasn't flapping about that much on the dyno.

Cheers
M

Icarus, meant to ask after the last time it was mentioned, does the Kangoo mount (itself) feel as though it's much stiffer than the Clio one or do you still think the difference is in the buffers?

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Hmmm interesting, so the kangoo mounts are stronger than the standard 172 mounts? Any one know a part no.? looks like a trip to renault for £30 :approve:

Octavia vRS tfsi
I have the top solid engine mount in mine and live with it on daily basis no problem at all. Vibration at idle is minimal to be honest. Noticed it more when it was fresh in, used to it now and don't notice it at all.

Renaultsport Clio 172
The Kangoo mount is still going strong BTW - engine feels well restrained with the standard dogbone and wasn't flapping about that much on the dyno.

Cheers
M

Which engine mount from the Kangoo can be used in the 182/172? The top mount only?

RS RIP
Which engine mount from the Kangoo can be used in the 182/172? The top mount only?

I have been following this too, i think the gearbox mount (underbattery ) is almost (?) the same , the other top one is the different one. Whereas the RS one is liquid filled, this one i believe to be solid rubber, no gaps between the rubbers ..

Icarus will be along to verify/explain , still very intersted in some different mounts.

Although like said somewhere above by W17GLE ; i have also changed the mounts (OEM) all round last time and this was a very big difference, nice. Only thing is the flex in these goes pretty fast + new ones will be needed again :dapprove:

Evo
Fitted the two uprated engine mounts to my old 1.4 a few months back and my god it nearly rattled every bit of trim off the thing.

Once they are bedded in though its only at idle you notice the harsh vibrations.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
I will catch incarus on man in a bit, my engine mounts need doing asap as the whole engine is just swinging about! All the bolts have sheared/broken! Only gravity is holding her down LOL.

Will update the thread after I speak to him

'92 172, Lotus Elise
cool!

my upper engine mount has completely snapped and its just resting there :D

not good at low speeds :(