ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Uprated valves on a rebuild

Ph1
Would it be stupid not to uprate the valves when doing a rebuild or is uprated only really required for ragging it on the track?

I don't want to lash out over 300 notes if not really required :)

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Is it worth the risk if one drops???

Your money your choice mate, but as we know they do seem to drop a valve. My head is coming off over the winter and i will be buying Supertec`s

I know its quite expensive but not as expensive as a smashed up engine.

Ph1
Is it just a choice of the Supertech ones?

Also i have the stock valves cut 3 angles with headwork on my old engine which worked well. Worth getting the new valves cut ?

Nearly forgot, should i fit new valve springs as well or will the old ones be fine?

340i
Is it just a choice of the Supertech ones?

Also i have the stock valves cut 3 angles with headwork on my old engine which worked well. Worth getting the new valves cut ?

Nearly forgot, should i fit new valve springs as well or will the old ones be fine?

Danny @ 519 has a different manufacturer of 'one piece' valves.

The Supertech's can be had for £300 on the nose if you know the right people..... http://www.rolandalsop.com