ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ur-quattro awesomeness

Clio IV 0,9 Tce
Instant trouser accident. That sound is amazing. (make sure to watch @ 2:30)

Last edited by a moderator:
  M3, Cup racer'd 182
That's far from a normal quattro though dude.

This monster is a 550bhp pikes peak :), if only i had the money to own one :(.
I f**king hate FIA for jumping into motorsport the way they did, I can always remember wanting to watch the group b rallies and BTCC back in the 80's/90's. "racing was racing and very exciting".

f**k YOU FIA!!!!

Check this vid out (sorry can't upload through web using iPhone)
http://m.youtube.com/index?client=mv-google&desktop_uri=/&gl=GB&rdm=4on23h1ja#/watch?v=LuTc4VIdm-o

Clio IV 0,9 Tce
This is the pikes peak version:

Audi-UR-quattro-11.jpg

They actually took on Pikes Peak because the FIA banned group B racing.

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Sorry my bad!

Yes your right the OP's vid looks simillar to the pikes peak.
But then again i've just got back from Swansea so alittle drunk :), however i still agree with the comment as to FIA spoiling Motorsport :(.

clio 172 cup, aprilia rsv
at sum point before i die, i WILL own a 5cyl turbo, hopefully a quattro. best noise on the planet. period.

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
I would have loved to be around in the group B era.I went to the wrc at Wales last weekend but the new era 1.6 turbos just don't cut it for me

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
The best days of the WRC are unfortunately long gone. My dad used to be involved with the 205 T16 service crews back in the 80's. If he were still around today he'd be so disappointed at the way it is today.
Best rallies to see these days are the historic ones.

I <3 Group B.

Turbos.
Are people forgetting why Group B was cancelled or something? I appreciate the love of the cars, but it bordering on disrespectful; lets bring back death!!

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
A little cynical maybe. Obviously the machinery was awesome but obviously the deaths were not.

Its an age thing. I think most of the young un's on here would love to see these types of cars back in action because they make LOUD NOISES are bodykitted (yo) and go very fast......
Those who know what that period was really like will agree it was a spectacle but it was bordering on insane. That many deaths in such a short space of time means things had to change i.e it had to be banned.

Are people forgetting why Group B was cancelled or something? I appreciate the love of the cars, but it bordering on disrespectful; lets bring back death!!

Agreed. Banned for a good reason at the time. Safety was seriously lagging behind car development. Not to mention crowd control at some rallies. Modern WRC cars are probably faster (at a guess) now than the GrpB monsters were. I'd love to see the sort of cars back but there is really no point at all now.

I think it's a little unfair to say comments about bringing it back etc are disrespectful. Anyone who's old enough to have seen group B when it was around will also remember the suicidal antics of the crowds watching it. It's unfair to blame the deaths on the machinery when IMO the bigger issue was the control of spectators from a venue and organiser perspective and the frankly crazy individuals who literally played chicken jumping out of the way when cars were literally about to hit them.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

I think it was mainly the crowd control that caused most of the deaths though,although some of the cars did a pretty good job too.