ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Urgent 182 Owner Survey

insignia

A city driver wouldnt be too good on an open twist road compared to some of the lucky ones on here like me who drive on B roads everyday.I think it would probably be a danger to some of these southeners to get loose on our roads,pushing their car as fast as it will go because they usually dont get to do it where they drive.

172, Tiguan

Thats a bit of a narrow-minded view. OK so there probably not as common, but i assure you there are plenty of cracking roads here in the south east if you know where to find them.

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Thats the thing though...up North you dont have to know where to find the cracking roads,they are everywhere without looking ;)

Clio 182

Quote: Originally posted by 182 sport on 01 October 2004

A city driver wouldnt be too good on an open twist road compared to some of the lucky ones on here like me who drive on B roads everyday.I think it would probably be a danger to some of these southeners to get loose on our roads,pushing their car as fast as it will go because they usually dont get to do it where they drive.
I think this depends on the driver rather than just where someone happens to live... people that live in cities arent just people who stay in the city driving around at 10 mph and then get totally reckless when they get on a country road you know...

Astra VXR 17/05/07

I think there is some truth to where someone lives based on my own experiences.When i lived in London i was ruthless around built up areas and feared nothing and was far more reckless on open roads than i am now because it was a novelty....

Now ive moved away from the City i sh*t my pants driving through major Cities ( Figure of speech !),not being used to that type of driving anymore.Also im not as reckless on open roads like i was because its something im used to now.

Hello all,

I wached a program on T.V once all about northerners, and the typical places they live. The particular episode i saw featured a village called Royston Vasey, It did seem to be a very nice place to live with a great local shop set just outside the village on a cracking road wich looked ideal for the 182, however I was a little concerned in the fact that a number of the residence seemed to have what looked like nose bleeds!, this has put me off a little of visiting this area, as this confirms a story once told to me by an old shell fish seller I met in a pub, that if you travel north of Heartford, severe nose bleeds can occur! :eek:

If I can overcome the fear of this story I would leave my home in East Sussex and drive through the twisty South Downs on some of the finest laid out ashfelt in these lands, heading north maybe on a route used every year by a number of car enthusiasts clubs, by-passing a Fairly big town called London (apprantly where some of the craziest drivers use motor cars and motor bikes) and on through a place where I grew up called Essex. This was not only my birth place, but the birth place of a group of people called Boy Racers! they bred fast, back in the eightys, when young men could afford high performance cars of the day (due to the fact there jobs paid higher amounts of money working in or near that big town called London) they would take these cars modifiy them and then take them into the night and race each other at very high speeds on all different types of roads in all types of conditions :eek: On from this slightly boring story, my journey would continue north of Essex into Heartford and after many miles on, into to the North of England to try my hand on these much talked about roads hopfully without my nose bleeding.

(PLEASE dont take any offence to this post, I found this thread quite funny and had to have a say, there will allways be a devide between the North and the South and one will allways think they are better at doing somthing than the other, I know there are some realy great driving roads up north and i will try them out one day, but for now Im enjoying the warm sunny weather down hear:)

Heres a little point regarding the so-called North/Souith divide from a very proud Geordie.

I have a friend who moved South to London to earn mega-bucks back in the eighties and every chance he gets he cant wait to get back to Newcastle as he cant stand the people, the area and especially the traffic down South.

By the way he drives a Mondeo ST220 which just goes to show that even though hes a great mate hes still a bit pathetic at picking cars.

1) No (Ive got loads of good twisties on my doorstep :))

I think I must live pretty close to you yoz, Ive past you a few times in your cup near Yarnfield. It made my 182 sound pretty pathetic in comparison.:oops:( So I hold you responsible for the fact I’m prob going to get a Viper IK soon!!)

Quote: Originally posted by THutch on 02 October 2004
<FONT face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size=2>1) No (Ive got loads of good twisties on my doorstep :))<P class=Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><FONT face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" color=white size=2>I think I must live pretty close to you yoz, Ive past you a few times in your cup near Yarnfield. It made my 182 sound pretty pathetic in comparison.:oops:( So I hold you responsible for the fact I’m prob going to get a Viper IK soon!!)<P class=Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p><FONT face="Times New Roman" color=#000000 size=3> </o:p>

was it you who I flashed the other day in mine, and then again in the 182 near coates heath on thursday/friday last week?

/y0z

Quote: Originally posted by y0z2a on 04 October 2004

Quote: Originally posted by THutch on 02 October 2004

<FONT face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size=2>1) No (Ive got loads of good twisties on my doorstep :))
<P class=Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><FONT face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" color=white size=2>I think I must live pretty close to you yoz, Ive past you a few times in your cup near Yarnfield. It made my 182 sound pretty pathetic in comparison.:oops:( So I hold you responsible for the fact I’m prob going to get a Viper IK soon!!)

<P class=Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p><FONT face="Times New Roman" color=#000000 size=3> </o:p>

was it you who I flashed the other day in mine, and then again in the 182 near coates heath on thursday/friday last week?

/y0z

yup it was me! think you were trundling along at a steady pace(lol!) Flashed you few times on the A34to/from ncastle a while back. guessed it was you due to carbon lid+viper feed.

i remember seeing you on the a34 around the speed cameras.

I dont trundle, i rattle along or pootle ;-)

/y0z