ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

URGENT ADVICE: Engine management light

Hi all

As you can see I am new to the forum so please go easy on me if this has been asked before.

Just picked up my 182 which had a "Full militek racing exhaust system" & Induction as the only modifications on the car.

Everything was fine when I went to view & test drive the car but on the way back home we stop to fill up and the engine management light came on. I spoke to the previous owner and he told me it was due to the car having cat being removed. He said he paid his local garage to switch the light off.

What I want to ask is is this true and is this a common problem? He did mention he was planning to get a militek sports cat and this would solve the problem or the other way is do what he done and pay a garage to switch it off but this may come back on later again.

If this is true where can I get a militek sports cat from?

Thanks in advance

Justin

As danny said, because it has a decat it will come on.

If you want a sports cat (to get rid of the EML and to pass an MOT) here is the miltek sports cat: http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2938&appid=2

Did he sell you the standard CAT? If not you'll have to buy a CAT/Sports CAT to pass an MOT.

Thanks guys

Just made me feel a whole lot better

I did asked if he kept any of the standard parts but he said no

Anyway, if I was to change the exhaust I've always had a cat back systems so can I source a standard cat and replace the militek one or do I have to get the militek sports cat?

Thanks

Justin

Yep, standard or a standard fitment sports cat.

You'd be lucky to find a CAT for sale cheap, they are circa £900 from renault new.

RB 182
Hi Jon

Thanks for help, I have another question regarding the engine management light. Will this cause the engine to misfire as if its going to stall?

Also found a standard cat from http://www.cats2u.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=33140

Have you heard of them before? and as mines is a racing exhaust system it will still have a de-cat pipe which I just swap over right?

Cheers

Id buy a genuine used cat removed from another 182. The aftermarket ones (in my experience) are normally crap.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Or just bung the 2nd lambda hole, and let it breath fresh air before bagging it up out the way?