ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

URGENT! Broken spring!

Clio 182 Cup
Hi guys,

Was having some new tyres fitted today and found I've got a snapped front spring..:(, now Im stuck between going for a set of lowering springs or just buying two new front springs..

Do the lowering springs go well with the cup dampers? Don't want to ruin the rife and handling of my car by fitting lowering springs to the cup dampers..

So should I stay standard or go for a set of lowering springs maybe 40 mm?

Any advice would be great!!:)

Thanks.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Go for eibach prolines mate if you want to keep it near standard ride height. Sportlines if you want bit more of a drop.

I have sportlines and cup shocks on mine. Its a good combo for road use

For a cheap fix look at eurocarparts as they have AMAX springs for £35, few have tried them and said they're ok, I've got a set still to fit myself. Do a bit of searching before committing to anything though.

Clio 182 Cup
For a cheap fix look at eurocarparts as they have AMAX springs for £35, few have tried them and said they're ok, I've got a set still to fit myself. Do a bit of searching before committing to anything though.
Cheers for the help mate, I've looked around on here and apparently you can get them £45 quid each from a renault dealer? I'm going to ring up tomorrow and ask about prices!:)

If not I'll look at the euro ones!:) cheers!:)

Clio 182 Cup
Go for eibach prolonged mate if you want to keep it near standard ride height. Sportlines if you want bit more of a drop.

I have sportlines and cup shocks on mine. Its a good combo for road use

Got a link for the eibach ones need them for tomorrow or Thursday really as driving down to the coast on Sunday.. Ahhhhhhh hahah why does everything break at the last minute!

Thanks mate!:)

Cheers for the help mate, I've looked around on here and apparently you can get them £45 quid each from a renault dealer? I'm going to ring up tomorrow and ask about prices!:smile:

If not I'll look at the euro ones!:smile: cheers!:smile:
Just be careful replacing just 1 spring mate, as you'll find the car may behave odd as the other 3 will be worn as s**t...

Clio 182 Cup
45 each for springs? Maybe get the prolines or prolonged?!? As @james24785 said, lol.
This was a thread from a while back that would that price, looking at some eibach pro kit? They lower about 30mm?

Think I'm gonna have to just go for them and see what happens haha!:)

Anyone had experience of the eibach pro kits?:)

Clio 182 Cup
Just be careful replacing just 1 spring mate, as you'll find the car may behave odd as the other 3 will be worn as s**t...

I'm only going to do either pairs or the whole car..couldn't bare it knowing I had an of new on on there alone let alone the handling difference ahah!:p

mk1 Octavia VRS
This was a thread from a while back that would that price, looking at some eibach pro kit? They lower about 30mm?

Think I'm gonna have to just go for them and see what happens haha!:smile:

Anyone had experience of the eibach pro kits?:smile:
Yep - they are great springs for road use. The Eibach sportline or Cooksport springs are also popular on here and give a bit more of a drop, but I haven't tried them to compare.

You should get the tracking done after replacing the springs because changing the ride height will affect the toe.

Clio 182 Cup
Yep - they are great springs for road use. The Eibach sportline or Cooksport springs are also popular on here and give a bit more of a drop, but I haven't tried them to compare.

You should get the tracking done after replacing the springs because changing the ride height will affect the toe.

Cheers mate, that back of my car already looks pretty low compared to the front..worried that if I drop it any more the wheel will be inside the arch might try and find some that are around 20-30 mm?

Gonna have a shop around now and look!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Prolines. No drop but better than oem and rife well etc

Sportlines. Drop around 20mm ish and ride well. A decent choice

Cooksports. Drop more, nicely imo. Ride well, but crashy but imo spot on.

H&r. I have these. Drop similar to cooksports, would say they lower the front more which isn't a bad thing. Ride well and would definatly buy again

All imo

Clio 182 Cup
Prolines. No drop but better than oem and rife well etc

Sportlines. Drop around 20mm ish and ride well. A decent choice

Cooksports. Drop more, nicely imo. Ride well, but crashy but imo spot on.

H&r. I have these. Drop similar to cooksports, would say they lower the front more which isn't a bad thing. Ride well and would definatly buy again

All imo
Cheers mate!:D
I've gone for some eibachs so will see what they're like!:)

Clio 182 Cup
This thread is going somewhere I didn't see it heading hahah, they're the 30mm ones I'll check the email! Hopefully manage to fit them on Thursday and see what they're like:D