ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Urgent - FAO: Cup Owners

S2000

My bro has just picked his Cup u from the garage. The colour coded sidestrip look really dull, almost like there is no laquer on them. Can anyone else confirm that their Cup is the same.

yeah, theyve all got a matt finish on them.

dont get polish on it, cos its an absolute b-atch to get off!! in the end i had to splash out on some autoglym exterior trim stuff!!

Quote: Originally posted by _KDF on 18 March 2003

lol .. splash out.. it must of cost you at least 5 pounds.. hehe
5.50 actually!!! lol bloody rip off if you ask me!! ill probably not use it again!!

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Quote: Originally posted by Laner on 18 March 2003

Actually, theyre matt on the normal 172 arent they???
Mine aret matt they are nice and shiney, they must has skimped on paint on the Cup ;)

Theres something about the Cup which makes it look different than that 172.. Colour maybe?

Im not sure.

Both mint tho..

Daz.

Tappd'd RS

the car doesnt have the 172 Cup badges on the door pillars does it? I noticed one @ a Renault dealer had the "new" clear side repeaters but no door pillar badges!

Tappd'd RS

teady172 - did your bro get the car from Glenvaragil (sp?) @ the M90 / A92 interchange in Dunfermiline? If so - it was his car that i was talking about earlier -

"the car doesnt have the 172 Cup badges on the door pillars does it? I noticed one @ a Renault dealer had the "new" clear side repeaters but no door pillar badges!"

it was sitting behind their garage on friday and I was having a good look @ it!

Personally think the cup 172 badges are better off thank on, why spoil that lovely blue paintwork!

Paul - My Bros cup had mat rubbing strips and so does Brods, or shall I say the one that he use to drive!

Have you got Neil to join the club yet??

I love that rear spoiler!

Paul - Is your windscreen wiper a bit down mate?

The garage has my badges on order, not sure if I’ll fit them yet tho. Done 220 miles since 1 p.m just having a little break until i take it to 320:) , how long did everyone else run their 172s/Cups in for? I must admit I’ve weakened a few times and opened it up a bit:D

Tappd'd RS

neil :- are you teady172 bro?

If so :-

"teady172 - did your bro get the car from Glenvaragil (sp?) @ the M90 / A92 interchange in Dunfermiline? If so - it was his car that i was talking about earlier -

"the car doesnt have the 172 Cup badges on the door pillars does it? I noticed one @ a Renault dealer had the "new" clear side repeaters but no door pillar badges!"

it was sitting behind their garage on friday and I was having a good look @ it!"

mailto:B@llsie">B@llsie - Neil is teady172 bro

The question is who are you, and have I I got you on my mailing list for meets etc?

Let me know, either on this post, or by PM. Cheers

Tappd'd RS

yep - Alan Brownlee youve emailed me a few times now - hope to get more involved when I actually get my car!

Cheers ;)

S2000

Alright guys,

All I can say is, cheeeze that thing is quick, every bit as quick as mine if not quicker and it only has 250 miles on the clock!!:eek:

Seems to have less body roll as well when cornering.

Ill try and get some better pic of both of them tomorrow!