ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Urgent Help..172 with 182 gearbox

RB + LY 182 FF
basically my 172 FF has a 182 gearbox in..previous owner never mentioned it and im now in need of a drvieshaft for the front nearside..Renault are a waste of space and cant help me, i hope someone on here can. basically i need a driveshaft and the one i purchased for a 172 from a breakers dont fit the mechanic said, the shaft i have at mo the C.V has 30 splines and the cups on cv are too big for the gearbox i have, the mechanic said to get 30spline cv joint for a 182 with smaller cups. recieved that from renault and cups are same size..

So do i need a different internal cv joint with less spline or what..i dont have a clue anymore im finding it impossable to get the correct part. the internal cv joint i got from renault bolton matched uo with the part number i got from the 182 gearbox tho it dont fit.
mechanic said sommat do with it fitting the hubs also...
if anyone can make sence of this then please help me....
at the moment i dont have the money to get a gearbox for a 172

172 cup'd extreme
182 (jc5-130) and 172 (jc5 129) both have the same spines and they can use the same drive shafts.

182 Cars have a different near side shaft becuase they have traction control.

I used to have a 182 gearbox and 172 drive shafts so i know they fit.

RB + LY 182 FF
jc5130 is what i have yeah and the driveshaft i bought was off a 172 and the mechanic said it didnt fit, so what do i need to buy when i have tried a 172
if i ring renault and give them the 172 gearbox number will the driveshaft that fits that one fit the 182 one? if that makes sense .surely there must be a part that fits.
your not far from me, im astley/leigh