ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

urgent help. My 172 won't unlock or start

Roadster Coupe
Used my car as normal in the day, went to open it in the night and the central locking will not work. so the only way to get in my car is to use the key but the alarm goes off and I can't turn it off. The car won't start either becuse of the immobilser. The batteries in both my keys new so it I guess it aint the keys. Does anyone here know what could be wrong?

Roadster Coupe
I doubt its the keys because both of them aint working. 2 keys can't break at the same time. Must be to do wiv something in the car.

Did you change both batteries at the same time if so thats most likly your problem your've gone and lost the syncros on the plip.s

Roadster Coupe
No i changed the batteries over 2 months ago. there supposed to last a few years. I took it 2 a garage and they said i gotta take it 2 a renault garage to get it sorted.

CTR--VX220D
Yes our MGF Trophy 106 did the same the other day...Ive got the arduous task of cleaning out and WD40'ing the starter motor connections along with the ECU tomorrow.

Roadster Coupe
No it dont go off and my alarm wont turn off either because I cant disarm it. pain the ass, been off the road for a week. I'm thinking it could either be the ECU or the reciever must've got damaged some how.

CTR--VX220D
Can someone confirm that changing the battery will not do the above thing?

I need to change my battery and only have 1 x key so dont want to fcuk it up :)

CTR EK9 turbo
mine used to do this (although i could get into the car), the immob would stop me starting it. I had to open the bonnet and wiggle some wires down near the gearbox...Sometimes when i swapped over the ECU (with a group N one i had) it sorted it...

clio 182 cup
Used my car as normal in the day, went to open it in the night and the central locking will not work. so the only way to get in my car is to use the key but the alarm goes off and I can't turn it off. The car won't start either becuse of the immobilser. The batteries in both my keys new so it I guess it aint the keys. Does anyone here know what could be wrong?
i had that problem once my cd player drained the battery .and my central locking or alarm would not shut off. called the rac. had to open car manually and he put a pair of jump leads on . then i could stop the alarm . left it for a while to get a bit of charge in battery. then it started up. try that first before spending any money.