ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Urgent help needed guys!

C

clvs2222

rite, a friend has got a megane 1.9 dci. and its fooked!

its starts ok, drives fine, give it abit of throttle and it beeps on the dash, the stop light comes on and its says on the dash injection fault. it drives for a bit and then it totally cuts out.

i plugged a mac diagnostic into it and it came up as P0722 output shaft speed sensor. im thinking thats the crank sensor which is the TDC sensor? am i right?

as much input into the problem in much apriecated.

Clio 182
Sounds stupid but is this the style megane that has the key card????
Reason i ask is that my missus' car had the same issue and it ended up being the batteries in the card needed changing........... might not work but this was out issue and had the same issues apart from cutting out

C

clvs2222

yes its key card.

what was the symptoms that your car had? i cant see why replacing the batteries in the card woul make it come up with an injection fault.?!

Clio 182
Said injector fault on the dash, wouldnt start as if an immobiliser was activated or something then just conked out

Skoda Fabia vRS
diesels rarely have TDC problems, doubt its that

we sell a lot more injectors than tdc's for diesels, by quite a margin

take the EGR valve off and clean it, they get gunked up quite badly sometimes and it obviously wont cost you much to do, and it will run better anyway even if thats not the problem

C

clvs2222

Dan_jones, shut up! ;)

ok brun, shall try that tomorrow and get back to you. cheers. do you know how much a new injector is for a 1.9 dci ? or a part number?

fiesta zetec s
all the pipes are fine, i went to have a look today, and everything looks fine, apart from a flat battery now.

started the car up (when the battery was fine) and revved it up just past 3000rpm and it started beepin and flashin injector fault. and then went into limp mode. so im now stumped with it.

C

clvs2222

help!.......... going to have to go to renault if i cant fix it and dont want that. where is the egr valve on the 1.9 dci engines?