ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Urgent help needed

Cooper S JCW
I've just fitted a polished 182 plenum to my 182. All the pipes reconnected correctly. Gently cleaned the throttle body while it was off. and replaced the gasket.

Started the car ok but when I press the throttle there is no increase in revs and the electronic fault warning light comes on - box with zig zag lines in it!

Can anyone help me out as to what I have done wrong asap?

Thanks

Monaco 172
there was a trhead by a guy who had this problem a few days ago, have a look for it. it was a connection or soemthing that was "hidden"

Cooper S JCW
Right I have solved the first problem - the throttle body connector hadn't clicked home

Now it runs/responds to the throttle and the above warning light has gone off but now the engine symbol is illuminated?!?

Cooper S JCW
That didn't work :(

Would it work at all if it was a 172 plenum?!?

or is it simply a logged fault now?

Da

Less
The fault will probably be logged Joe, have you done the dashboard diagnostics check as you can reset stored faults in that?
I'm not sure on the whole disconnecting the battery thing but personally I would give it at least 30 mins to see if it cleared.

Da

Less
Yes, it shouldn't be an issue as long as the car's responding correctly and hasn't gone into limp mode?
Can you clarify which light is lit?

Cooper S JCW
It would appear to be the exhaust gas monitor warning light!

I'm going to do the diagnostic dash check now.

Could that be lit if it is the wrong plenum?!? Everything is connected as it should be

Cooper S JCW
It showed a t--- which I have now cleared but the exhaust gas monitor warning light is still on (2nd light up on the right). Car is running a little rough now too.

Is there something I can clean/check?
Is it worth me putting the old plenum back on?

Cooper S JCW
Removed everything - checked the part number - reconnected it all and the light is still on - bite the bullet and book into Renault?

Audi TT 225
Thats bizzar... are you sure you've connected all the breathers correctly?
How does the car actually run? Does it idle at the correct speed?

Cooper S JCW
Driven it to work - car runs fine - the garage doing my service tomorrow have diagnositcs and said they will have a look. I checked all connections again this morning and all fine!