ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Urgent help on connect 2 - 4 din plug?

Clio III - S 1.5dci
Hi all, well i am in the middle of connecting an after market stereo to my 56 plate clio, i got all the iso adaptors to make use of the stalk controls. On the adaptor is a connect2 small box with a 4 din cobnnector and 1 power lead, where does this connect to on the car? is it near the stalk controllers? as there are no connection where the radio is?

Thanks in advance

Clio III - S 1.5dci
Any ideas guyz, still can't see where this plug goes to let me have my steering wheel controls :(

I'll get some pics up later if that would help?

Thanks

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
This plugs into the radio display behind the dash.
The only way is to remove the dash and then plug the lead into the socket.
You should have instruction on this when your brought the Connect 2?

Clio III - S 1.5dci
Mate your a star! Thanks. So it plugs behind the center top LCD display?.

How you say remove the dash, do you mean the netire dash? or the part the lcd is in.

How do you go about removing them? is there a guide and is it easy?

Many thanks

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
Not got am idea how you remove th dash on a mk3 (yet)

Yes the whole dash was the only way to do it on my 182 and 172mk1.

Don't think there's a guide? Mine only took 20mins to remove.

There's a guide for the 182 pn here :- http://www.fubarnet.com/

Clio III - S 1.5dci
Thanks, that link does not wrok for me here in work, so i'll have to take a look tonight!

So does the whole dash come off as one? do you have to take the steering wheel off or anything else as well.

I am only used to doing this on MK2 Golfs LoL at least with them you can see the screws, these new ones, everything is hidden!

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
try link again as I put it in wrong 1st time.
Steering wheel stays on?
Dash should come off in one.

Clio III - S 1.5dci
Roght got it, ah i see it just the lid of the dash comes off, becoming clear now. Vet nervous about doing this though, being anew car and all. Don't Halfors do a fitting service? maybe i'll get a qoute, so if anything goes wrong they can foot the bill :) I do know of a mobile stero fitter who is supose to be very good, is this the sort of thing they do?

Clio 200 FF
the top of the dash (clock pod) pulls up as it's held down with 4 spring clips :)

have you fitted rear speakers yet? just want to know if the rears fit from the front or from the back of the panel (from back means having to remove the panel)

cheers

Clio III - S 1.5dci
You mean the Pod just pulls off? If so that's awsome, have you trided it? if so which way, just pull straight up, or forwards and up?

I have put rear speakers in, dead easy, the peforated round panels just prise off and the connections are already their, i fitted rear speakersa from a MK2 ipod clio, just had to snap off 2 holders as there are only 2 on these!

Really need to get better ones, but want to get the HU sorted first, and if it just pulls off then i'll be well happy!

Clio 200 FF
yep i pulled the pod out as it wasn't sat in properly to start with

pull it upwards 1 corner at a time, ther are 4 metal spring clips holding it in - don't pull too high as the wires plugged in for the clock

Clio 200 FF
not sure as i didn't try ( i just tried to get the pod to sit in properly so removed it and altered the spring clips).

i guess you could try a thin rod or coat hanger pushed down from above, when you get it poking out at the bottom tape the wire to it and pull it up

Clio III - S 1.5dci
That was my thinking! Anyways good luck with the speakers, if you find good ones that fit let me know!

Clio III - S 1.5dci
Ok, got the pod off, but now i am stuck. Here are some pics:

r3.JPG

r2.JPG
http://www.monoequip.com/rd/r2.JPG

r1.JPG

Clio III - S 1.5dci
Now as you can see the connects2 4 din connection does not go anywhere on the back of the lcd display? The smaller iso connection ton the lcd seems to be for the seatbelts and there was one loose one as you can see, not sure what that is for?

Can anyone help, really confused now!

Clio III - S 1.5dci
Cheers, but there is no connection for that on the back of the head unit! I was told it had to go somewhere under the lcd screen?

Clio III - S 1.5dci
Got it all working at last :)

Just to finish this thread off and help someone else who may be in the same postion.

The 4 din plug is not needed, just the brown wire connects to the REMOTE. lead from the back of the head unit!